cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD model returns single character

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Please can you help me with this strange problem. I have created a WD application that calls a bapi. The call works fine however the parameter i am getting back is only single character instead of 2 characters (i.e. return parameter should be "EN" but instead, is returning "E") When i use the same application to call the same Bapi on another SAP system it works correctly!

I have tried deleting an reimporting the model but i get the same result.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks

Calvin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think you are using the standard BAPI.

U can call the another function module Conversion_Exit_ISOLA_Output in inside fo the RFC.

It would convert the E to EN.

It might helps you,

Thanks,

Lohi.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am still having difficulties here.

Let me explain more clearly:

I Have created a model for bapi, BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL. When i run my application, the field Langu in structure Bapidefaul returns a single character (E.G 'E' instead of 'EN')

i have tried reimporting the model but this does not help. when i run the bapi in R/3 it returns 2 characters.(i.e. 'EN')

I have had a look at the simple type created by the model and the fixed length is '1'. The External representation length is set to '2'.

your help would be much appreciated!

many thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its a String!

thanks for you help on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u print the string returned from RFC using

wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent().getMessageManager().reportSuccess()

Thanks

Fahad Hamsa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This does not resolve my problem, when i run the Bapi in the backend it returns the correct value, it seems that the value is been truncated in the web dynpro app somewhere not translated as i get the same value for english and spanish. (i.e. 'EN' -> 'E' AND 'ES'->'E')

Many thanks

calvin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the size of the field you are using to store the language.

Nagaraju Donikena.