0 Kudos

Dear Sir/Madam,

I currently have a Sol Man 3.1 Oracle Database which I have exported

using the Sol Man 3.1 Installation Master DVD. (It was exported from a

32-Bit Windows Server).

On a new server which is 64 bit Windows I have installed a central

instance, and am now attempting to install a database instance in order

to import my database.

I have followed note 659509 but am still failing to import my database.

I have attached the latest sapinst.log to this message.

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards,

Mark.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

one question: if you do not change the Oracle version, why are you performing an Homogeous system copy?

Migration from 32 to 64 bit in windows is fully supported: all you need is copy the datafiles, or follow the second option described in oss Note 960769 - Windows: Migration from 32-bit to 64-bit (x86_64).

Bye

Renato

Former Member
0 Kudos

Renato,

I am performing a Homogeneous system copy as I am not modifying the operating system or database platform.

Once I have a copy of my current SOLMan 3.1 system the aim is to upgrade to Oracle 10g on the 64-Bit server and then upgrade to SolMan V4.

Regards,

Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So please use the second option described in the oss note I sent you:

Below an excerpt:

Database-specific procedure

In this procedure, the database on the target system is not created and filled with the data of the source system, instead the database is created by copying the data belonging to the database from the source system to the target system. This procedure is described in the Installation and Homogenous System Copy Guide as Backup/Restore, Brcopy, R3Copy or DBCopy procedures depending on the SAP release.

Advantage: This procedure is quick and less complex.

Disadvantage: It is not possible to reorganize the database and there are database-dependent restrictions.