cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic table Filtering in webdynpro

venkatakalyan_karanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have some screens consists of some tables ,I have to do the filtering for all the tables not in the view controller class,I need a generic java class that is useful for filtering in all the tables by just calling a method in that class.

I should not connect to th backend while filtering,So I created one extra node for backup the data that is same as table datasource.

Can anybody is having the TableFilter.java like TableSorter.java Pls send me to venkatakalyan.k@gmail.com

In this regards I request you all to give help with detailed explanation.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone please send me that TableFilter.java?

Edit nevermind, I got it.

Thanks,

Andrew

Message was edited by:

Andrew Garver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

try:

/people/peter.vignet/blog/2007/01/03/generic-web-dynpro-java-table-filter

regards

venkatakalyan_karanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi lavanya

Thanks for your reply I am not looking for TableSorter.java,i already implemented that feature in my tables,I need filtering in my tables that should be in generic way

Any how thank you for reply

Thanks and regards

kalyan

venkatakalyan_karanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi kapil

My requirement is that i have a table with columns consists og checkbox as editors,my question is if user changes the state of checkboxs in some columns (in my table 3 to 4 columns are having checkbox as editors to set the state by user) and apply the filter button ,I want to display filter rows with out losing the data changed by the user in checkboxes.

thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat

I ll suggest you to trigger an action (Have some button for this) whenever you want to save data changed by the user in check boxes. This way, you wont have to worry about data loss. Please try this once and check the result if it works.

I hope it ll work.

Regards

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

Here i am sending one file as well as some guidelines for sorting the table.I hope this may helps u.

I am sending that File to ur Gmail account.

Plz find that file and let me know if u hav any doubts.

Plz go through the instructions after reading the file.

1. Create a action in the View say sortPernrData

2. Add the java file TableSorter.java file to ur src folder.

Folder structure is com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tests.utils

3. Create a context attribute say TableSorter in the View's context.

Its type should be of TableSorter.

4. Code to be written in wdDoModifyView() method of the View

IWDTable objTable = null;

try

{

objTable = (IWDTable)view.getElement("DetailsTable");

if (firstTime)

{

wdContext.currentContextElement().setTableSorter(new TableSorter(objTable,wdThis.wdGetSortPernrDataAction(),null));

}

}

5. Code to be wriiten in the action wdGetSortPernrDataAction()

wdContext.currentContextElement().getTableSorter().sort(wdEvent,wdContext.nodeZpernr());

Regards,

Lavanya

venkatakalyan_karanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi kapil

I am unable to download the TableFilter.java,if you don't mind will you please send me the TableFilter.java to my mail id :: venkatakalyan.k@gmail.com

Your weblog is very nice and its really helpful for me,One more thing i have the doubt matches() method in String supports .* operator,Can you please give the suggetion how to support * operator in filter and if the table contains some user interaction elements like radiobuttons,checkboxes etc,if user changes the state of checkbox and he will apply filter button,After filtering i have to preserve the User changes also.Can you please give me the idea and pls send me the TableFilter.java to my mail,I am very new to webdynpro

thanks and regards

kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan

I was nt able to understand your doubt completely.

Is your a case, where in you want a filter on a column with check-box as table cell-editor ? Or you mean to ask if filtering is done on some other column other than the check-box column, then in such case you fear user changes might be lost, is it ?

In former case, I dont see any need of a filter on a check box column...

In latter case, I think it depends on the way you have used to fetch the check-box information. If you have some action bound to the toggle event property of check-box where in you save the user data, then chances are less that you might lose this data. Please try this approach in case you are losing your data.

Also feel free to ask doubts, if any.

Regards

Kapil Kamble

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat

I think this <a href="/people/kapil.kamble/blog/2006/12/21/how-to-get-ready-made-filter-for-your-web-dynpro-table-with-minimal-coding">webblog</a> can be of help to you,

Regards

Kapil

venkatakalyan_karanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

the link mentioned is table filtering that is done at screen level and uses Component controller node as data source That is for filtering for particular table I need a generic way of filtering that supports even the table and context implemented at runtime.Please help me in this scenario

monalisa_biswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Go through this link

<a href="/people/subramanian.venkateswaran2/blog/2005/05/10/filtering-table-values-using-webdynpro:///people/subramanian.venkateswaran2/blog/2005/05/10/filtering-table-values-using-webdynpro