cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demand Planning-Options in Administration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can somebody advice the options in determining # mpos, planning areas and planning books/views. where the planning happens at both regional (country/market level) and central level (global) but only one set of figures finally need to be combined and debated upon (s&op) by a central planner before releasing it for supply planing at the particular day of the month/week.

I am just looking for options that sap provides. Though i understand theres lot of flexibility in sap to address this , but i want to know what happens in actual implementations..esp. in large global oragnizations. I am not able to get the "feel" of it. I have just begun on apo dp exploring. and hence this question. All I need is some representative options that can be used to manage this say example below.

Your responses will help me follow the rest of the cycle that i haven't gone thru yet. It will also give the big picture/business perspective.

take this example:

18 regional planners/18 markets

1 central/global planner (who sums it all and initiates S&OP)

50 SKU's, 5 product families,

Each SKU set to differerent forecast models. (some may be common, and some can change over time)

Diffrent history and forecast horizon for each product.

Key figs in all planning books (same) - History, corr history, 3MVA, LYTM, forecast, corr forecast, adj forecast, couple of macros.

Char- SKU, Market, Location, Channel, Division.

Rgds/

Loknath

Mumbai, India

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loknath,

I have been involved in a multi-region APO Implementation and this is what we have found:

One MPOS and Planning Area, so that the key figures can be combined and managed centrally.

Multiple Planning Books - adopt a naming standard so that you can have user roles with the correct authorization, e.g. PB_SE_* all planning books for SE region.

Muke sure that the Region characteristic is defined <i>AuthorizationRelevant</i> in RSA1 and that an Authorization Object is defined via transaction RSSM and then added to user roles. You can extend the concept to other characteristics/key figures.

Where we had to develop custom techniques was in such areas as the creation and reporting of CVC's, and the management of realigns and copies, as the requirement was that these were done by the regions themselves. If your project does not have these kind of requirements, then standard APO/BW will do the job for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks v v much John,

I seem to be sinking it in slowly. While i am go thru the screens picking the concepts from documentation, Most of my curiosities revolve around the actual usage and utility value of the application components rather than plain vanilla process steps. Keep posting. Full points guaranteed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

where and how do i award points.I can't see any drop down, radio buttons etc anywhere on this window to award points. just like the documentation too many hyperlinks here as well. I just clikced on answered button for your reply

Rgds/

Loknath

Answers (0)