cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Oracle database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to retrieve data in SAP from another oracle non-sap database. Can anyone plz help?

Suman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

exporting and importing a table is only one of them.

you can also have direct access to external databases,

have a look at this

or (as long as accessing another oracle database) you could also use database links

peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suman

please be specific abt your requirement.

I locate Oracle SQL*net on the SQL server system for migrating. And, then configure a dblink to transfer data using MS SQL OLEDB API between Oracle TNS, SNAC networking protocol.

Otherwise, there are several free trial products listed below that is available for bulk load or ETL type of data migration such as Oracle Migration Workbench tool. The Migration Workbench is the latest migration technology offering from Oracle. It is written in Java and has a GUI front end that is intuitive and easy to use. It currently supports migrations from MS SQL Server 6.5, MS SQL Server 7.0, Sybase Adaptive Server 11, and MS Access. One of the biggest advantages of the Migration Workbench over the legacy script-based kits is that other migration capabilities can avail of the migration information stored in its repository. For example, the stored procedure converter can access the Oracle Migration Workbench Repository to determine what schema objects were renamed during the migration. In summary, the Migration Workbench is a migration technology tool with a standard look and feel regardless of the database being migrated.

Let me know is this waht u wanted.

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for your prompt reply. We have SAP servers and sixsigma server which is not used in SAP. Now we want the data of sixsigma(database is oracle 9i) to be displayed in SAP reports. So we need to connect the SAP and Sixsigma databases. Now database can be connected through file tnsnsmes.ora. But now my problem is how can I extract data from sixsigma server and display it in SAP report? Plz help.

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suman,

I guess u want to put all data from sixsigma database to SAP database.Means both DBs are oracle.Then u can export required data from Sigma Db and Import the same to SAP DB. Is this ur concern.

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Vinod,

you are correct. How can I do that can you plz help?

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok You can export data from oracle DB in table, user or complete Db level.

The command used for this is exp at OS level . U type exp help=y you will get all options.

Ex; exp compress=n direct=n buffer=1000 tables=table_with_one_million_rows

userid=scott/tiger.

After that u will get a file with extn .dmp.

You can import the same file using imp command.

Ex : imp <userid/password> file=<exported file> tables=(table1,table2) etc.

Like this there are various options.I guess u need to export full database.

For that exp SYSTEM/password FULL=y FILE=dba.dmp GRANTS=y ROWS=y

Like this there are so many options u can choose u want the one

Ref http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96652/ch01.htm#1004864 this will guide you

SQL Loader is also there If u know how to work with the u can use.

Let me know if u need any info.U can get everything in URL abt Export Import

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a milion vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suman,

I guess you missed out to award me some points.

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

for export your database you use the tools SAP "SAPDBA", but for import you have to use import OS.

or you can use an other solution "database copy" with restore.