cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI's not in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I was from the understanding that all BAPI's available in R/3 are also available in the XI system...

But for some reason I have the BAPI: BAPI_M_REVAL_CREATEPRICECHANGE to update the standard cost (trx MR21) but I can not find this in the RFC list of XI.

Is this possible, does it have another name, can you import this in some way?

Thx for your advice.

Regards

D.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this happening to you because this BAPI is not a remote function (RFC)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HD,

when you have to call a BAPI on a remote system, without using xi, you specify the import parameters [and export parameters] and you call it.

The situation is the same in case you have XI in the middle.

You have to consider that XI must know the structure of the inbound interface, and to do that you have to import the BAPI metadata (that are the input parameters) into the Integration Repository.

The sender RFC communicational channel 'intercept' the bapi call, generate the message with input parameter and start the XI flow that ends when the receiver communicational channel calls the BAPI on the remote system.

Hope this help

Francescop

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

XI is Middle ware .

The BAPI which you have mentioned will be available on Application system e.g SAP 4.7 or ECC 5.0.

Thanks,

Tuhin

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To my Knowledge ther is no Bapi as of like R3 in the XI system.

You can invoke the BAPI .. If possible can you explain your Scenerio bit more.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BAPI are installed as a result of Business Packages of SD, MM, PP, HR, FI etc.

If you install any of these in the Xi server you will get the BAPI. But do u need this on the XI?

Regards

Vijaya

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HD,

BAPI that are used for specfic application functionality are not found in SAP XI.You call a BAPI in XI by importing from the application system.You would not find it in XI as it is not an application box.It is an integration box.

Let me know if you need any info.

/people/community.user/blog/2006/12/12/http-to-rfc--a-starter-kit for configuring RFC,

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will not find the RFC related to the BAPI in the SE37 of XI, but you don't have to find it there.

You are not going to call an RFC into XI, you are going to ROUTE the RFC call from one system to anoter, and the this reason the RFC structure must to exist in the integration builder, design part.

Please look to <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/2b/a48f3c685bc358e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm">here</a>

Regards,

Sandro