Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS

vinothkumar_g
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to know some information about<b> TDMS</b> in sap for transferring the server data from one server to other server.

and what will be <b>advantages and disadvantages of using TDMS</b> ?

will it be effective ?

and i just what will be the <b> process flow and const. of this TDMS</b>?

kindly do the needful.

Regards,

vinoth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I use TDMS to reduce the size of my QA ECC instance, are there any data consistency implications with other still-full-sized SAP components (BI, SRM, CRM, SCM)? I know there are some offerings for these other components in the works, but in the meantime, has anyone had any issues in a multi-component environmemt?

Thanks,

Paul DiLorenzo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul DiLorenzo ,

No we have not come across problems with multi-component environment. Many of our customers have implemented TDMS and it has been quite successful.

Also, if you use TDMS to reduce the size of our QA ECC instance, data consistency is ensured with other full-sized SAP components (BI, SRM, CRM, SCM).There would be some offerings for these other components specifically as well in the near future.

Regards,

Mridu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to test the functionality of TDMS on one Server using different clients?

Thanks in Advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes it is technically possible to do it. But we would not recommend you to do this since it will put lot of load on the systems and lead to performance issues.

P.S: We know have separate forum for TDMS. Please feel free to post your questions there.

Regards

Raghuram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vinoth for checking.

Obviously something wrong with IE here in the office.

(I have never managed to find anything with the Search utility in Software search, now I know why!)

Glad I found your original thread on google search which lead me to this Forum!

Many thanks,

Sean.

0 Kudos

I don't think there is something wrong with your IE,well at least form this point of view...

If your read carefully under the follwing link:

https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/customdev-tdms

>>>snip

Obtain the Software

SAP® Test Data Migration Server is an SAP product that requires a specific license. For pricing information, please contact your local SAP Sales Representative. Once the license has been obtained, the SAP® Test Data Migration Server software is electronically available via download or per request also on CD or DVD – please visit the SAP Software Distribution Center.

<<<snap

Regards,

Jiame

You have to obtain the license first, thenit will appear in your selection...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I logged on my Home PC & did exactly the same steps, to find the software, and worked first time.

Interestingly when I tried again here in the office, it worked for the TDMS software, but for nothing else.

Sounds like my SAP id stores history somewhere, and recognised previous successful searches, but IE @ work is restricted.

I just search at home, then download anything from there.

As to Peter Westenbroeks request, I mentioned in an earlier post the implementation guide is available here https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/instguides

Regards,

Sean

vinothkumar_g
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

I tried here by searching the tdms in sapservice and after searching in sap software corner, i got the sme results.

7 results - found.

000001 SAP TDMS 2005

Installation Product (Current View)

000002 SAP TDMS 2006

Installation Product (Current View)

000003 SAP TDMS 2005

Maintenance Product (Current View)

000004 SAP TDMS 2006

Maintenance Product (Current View)

000005 51031357 DMIS 2005_1_46C & 2005_1_620 : Add-On Installation

CD

000006 51032076 SAP TDMS 2006 Installation

CD

000007 51032077 SAP TDMS 2006 (CNT) Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would you be able to send me a copy of the implementation guide for TDMS? We are in the process of aquiring the product and would like to get a head start.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Torsten,

How strange, I tried that & have just re-tried exactly as you specified and I got

<b>SAP Software Distribution Center

Seach results in SAP Software Distribution Center

No Results Found

000001 FAQs for Search

You can find more search hints here</b>

I'm assuming it must be something to do with my works IE6 setup & Windows XP policy. I will try at home this evening & if it works there, (which I expect it will), I will raise it with the Desktop Team here in the office.

Many thanks,

Sean.

torsten_ziegler
Explorer
0 Kudos

I suggest to go to http://service.sap.com/swdc then type the term "tdms" (without the quotes) into the search bar at the top of the page and click on "GO".

On the left hand side a list of "Search Options" will come up. Click on "Search for SAP Software".

A new window with search options will come up. I used "tdms" as search term and came to a list of downloads of TDMS 2005 and 2006.

The CD number you mention (51031357) appears to be from TDMS 2005. If you want exactly CD 51031357 you can also use the CD number as serach term and find the CD directly, but it may better to check if the newer versions are better suited for your needs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

Yes, I have read that note & it only says :

'Request the CD with material number 51031357 from your local subsidiary or download the CD from SAP Service Marketplace.'

I'm trying to download it from SAP Service Marketplace, but need a link, as I can't find it anywhere.

As I mentioned, I can find the installation guide in :

SWDC-->

Downloads-->

Installations & upgrades-->

Installations & Upgrade Guides-->

Sap Components-->

SAP Test Data Migration Server

But the software is eluding me!

Thanks,

Sean.

vinothkumar_g
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

You can check the OSS note : 877860.

Regards,

vinoth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone actually found the link to download TDMS?

I have found the installation guide here https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/instguides under SAP components, but I can't actually find the software itself.

Many thanks.

vinothkumar_g
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for your document.

I need to transfer the certain parts of data from one server to other server. whether thru TDMS i can transfer the data or any other methods like ALE/Idoc is available.

which will be the better method for transferring the certain parts of data from one server to other server.

Regards,

Vinoth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinoth,

As per me using TDMS will be the better chioce.

Do revert if you need any more info.

Best Regards,

Sachin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

Do you mean Test Data Migration Server, if yes then There are some documents available on these pages:

Service Marketplace

http://service.sap.com/customdev-tdms

SAP Homepage

http://www.sap.com/services/customdev/tdms

Hope this will help you.

Best Regards,

Sachin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin

I've two problems in TDMS

1. The step "Start Data Selection" in the phase Data Transfer has taken almost 24 hours. It shows its completed 37% till now. (May be Database Logs/Modes setting would solve this issue?)

2. Out of all Phases in the Project Tree-->Where do I chosse TIME Based Scenario and MD&C Scenario.

Any help . . .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Brad,

data selection can be made faster by increasing the number of parallel jobs for this activity and/or choosing a smaller migration period, i.e. a more recent from-date. You might also be able to speed up the read access on the sender system at database level... Write access is only a very small part of the data selection runtime so log settings won't have so much impact.

You choose the scenario (TDTIM / TDMDC) for your data transfer when you create a new initial package on the migration server overview. All related refresh packages will then use the same configuration settings as the initial package.

Regards,

Manfred