cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create new authorisation object for Transactions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to create new authorisaton object and how to assign that object on a transaction code?

Case ->

The transaction code VL01N have the object called V_LIKP_VST under Class "LE_V" that have two auth. fields. one is 'Activity' and other one is "Shipping Point/Receiving Point".

Here I want to add "Storage location" also. I have created one object called "Z_LIKP_VST" under same calass "LE_V". and added "Activity", "Shipping Poing/Receiving Poing" and "Storage Location". After that I added that object ("Z_LIKP_VST") for particular transaction through "SU24". I maintained the "Display check indicator" for VL01N.

I created one new role and assigend the particular transacation for a user. but still SAP taking V_LIKP_VST insted of Z_LIKP_VST.

How can I change my Z_LIKP_VST on profile.

Please help

Thanks in Advance

Lal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kariyath,

You have done all the basic work but missed out on the Program Logic. The Programm code logic for VL01N why will it pick you Z object unless the Authorization Check is placed somewhre in the code, via an User exit or a Z copy of the program. I tried such things initially but later realised that unless the code peice " Authority Check " is not applied on these Z objects, they would not be picked by SAP.

Please check in that direction of coding and you should have an answer

Hope it helps,

Br,

Sri

Award points fo rhelpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sri

Any other way to do these things, I have lots of cases like this, and also i am not intrested to do changes on abap level. please give some other idea for this case.

please help.

thanks and regards,

Kariyath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kariyath,

I suppose its not about interest but a MUST.. sorry but.. unless u include the Logic in the program how can SAP pick these custom Z objects ?

after u create them and assign to a Tcode in SU24 there is no logic to check these objects. Frankly i see no other chance.... unless SAP comes to us with a great easy way to input these Custom objects

Keep looking and please Update me if u have any Inputs....on this front..

All the Best

Br,

Sri

Award points for helpful answers

Answers (0)