cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qn on SWCV and Technical System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My scenario was R/3-XI-JDBC. While creating the scenario, I figured there are no outbund interfaces listed for the Business System for R/3, though I have imported the IDOC inot IR and created all the required mapping. Hence I was not able to select the IDOC as outbound interface for Receiver Determination.

After we added our SWCV to the tech system in SLD, the issue was resolved. My doubt is if I am creating some 5 more SWCV, do I need to add them all to the R/3 tech system in SLD?

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u need ur business system and technical system to be automatically updated with new Interfaces, u need to add the SWCV pertaining to that Technical and Business system in SLD.

the advantage is that as and when u craete new Interfaces in those SWCV, u need not add them to the business system like u do for services. they will be automatically available in directory.

Regards,

Sudharshan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is a term called Software Feature = Relationship between a S/W product & its constituent components. This association is imp in XI

It is very much necessary that you have to specify the Products installed in your technical system and its components

Regards,

Mathan.

Cheer me up with points (or) correct me if I am wrong

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

if you delete the selection criteria for the interface selection and make it to NONE, you can view all the Interfaces in all the SWCV's!

It is not absolutely necessary to assign SWCV's to the Tech and Business Systems,.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Yes. I can choose the IDOC as outbound interface by specifying "Search from all business sytems", but the problem was I could not get the source structure(IDOC) in conditon editor to do condition based routing.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you are right. We have to add the SWCV.

Regards,

Sudheer.