cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inter application navigation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario in which I have many components in webdynpro i.e many applications within the same project and i have to integrate this in EP. Hence each component will be integrated into 1 iview. hence i will have multiple iviews in my EP Screen.

Now the scenario is such that i have a table in the first screen that is first iview in EP (and view in 1st webdynpro componet). OnLeadSelect of a row in that table I should be able to pick up a value say for Eg: UserID and then display it on that screen. Now I should be able to click on the next iview in EP and i should see that selected UserId on the screen too....

This is also a case of inter application navigation however I dont traverse from one iview to another on click of a button instead i'am going to another iview on selecting that iview manually from my EP screen and i want to see the selected UserId on all the screens i select.

Is there any way to do that?

Thanks

pamita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pamita

Have a look in this <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/ae/36d93f130f9115e10000000a155106/frameset.htm">Link</a>. Here we pass the parameters as a string and it wont be appended in ur URL, if thats a req.

Award points if found usefull.

BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BP,

I went thru this just now but even here the navigation is still there between both applications using not URL but using ROLES://portal_content/com.sap.PageNavigationProject/com.sap.TargetPage

so this navigates within the portal. Also there is getRequestParameter in target page when it goes. I dont want to send any parameter through request.

I have a requirement in which dont ahve to go to any iview on click of a button submit(As shown in these examples) i want to select soem value on first iview and stay in same page. However that value must somehow be accessible outside that component i mean in other iviews also.

Say i have 3 iview inside my EP

1. home page (seperate webdynpro component-hence 1 iview inside workset)

2. create sales order (seperate webdynpro component-2nd iview inside workset)

3. Delivery details(seperate webdynpro component-3rd iview inside workset)

now in homepage for each user there are number of ID's (Eg) Now i select my ID it should display this id in all the other screens also...I wont navigate to other screens directly on select however when i select the other iview from my workset I should see that selected ID there also.

I'am using CAF-Webdynpro concept in this. how can i do that?

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pamita,

I assume that all 3 iViews that u have mentioned will be in the same page or workset.

Now instead of, ROLES://portal_content/com.sap.PageNavigationProject/com.sap.TargetPage, u can provide the <b>iView(not the role)</b> pcd id, u can remain on the same iview, but the 2 other iviews will be recieved with userID. This can be done. But... i dont know whether this all works fine on CAF.

Award points if found helpfull

BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi BP,

It still didnt solve my problem.But i understood the concept.Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pamita,

Did you check the standard sample application on InterApplicationNavigation ?

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/f3b0ad90-0201-0010-4995-9bdb1849eb34

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

Actually i have gne through that but over there we generate a URL and pass data as parameters on button submit.

for Eg: http://....app?target="value";

on button submit i'am appending the query at the end of the URL...

I donot want it like that I dotn want to submit my form...I want to select the value, store it in a variable.

then when i navigate to another view on selecting an iview in EP i should be able to retrieve information from that variable. So how do i globally store this variable and access from all other components without having any outbound or inbound plugs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pamita,

Why dont u use database for storing this variable, so that it will be available to both views

Thanks

Fahad Hamsa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I'am Using CAF Webdynpro model and that will give me values that come from CAF. I'am doing all the backend query in Composite applciations and generating model for webdynpro. Now this model is displayed in the used models of webdynpro componet.

how should i do it in this case?