cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedded BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone. We're planning our new NW2004s installation and we're considering using embedded BI with ECC.

I'm keen on hearing from others that have used this scenario and understand if they're facing challenges in terms of performance or compatibility.

SAP has said that this is a valid approach, but have not been ablo to provide a single reference site for it.

Any real-life experiences?. Our installation will be mid-size (4000 ECC users, 500 concurrent, 100 BI users)

Thanks

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kohn,

For the embedded installation of ECC and NetWeaver components/usage types BW/BI, XI/PI and EP the following points need to be considered:

If one of the components imposes specific requirements to the installation (e.g. XI: Unicode installation, double stack installation etc.) this always applies to the whole instance.

In an embedded installation, a common client for SAP BW and SAP ECC is not supported. SAP XI/PI must also be set up in a dedicated client.

Inform yourself about the supported platforms for each component/usage type you wish to install. Some components may feature platform restrictions. For more information, refer to SAP Service Marketplace at service.sap.com/platforms for support information of a common database and operating system platform.

For each component/usage type involved in the system stack a separate sizing is required using the respective sizing procedure. The total size of a server which can accommodate all components/usage types is the sum of the individual sizing results This applies to:

CPU sizing (SAPS)

Memory sizing

Disk space sizing

Please refer note 855534 for further info.

Cheers,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shyam, thanks for your response.

I was more looking for a real-life case / experiences of someone actually running an embedded environment.

All I get from SAP is "it is supported" and "you have to be careful with sizing", but what I'm really after is DOES IT WORK?

Thanks

cheers

Ronan

Answers (0)