cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDI Installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the JDI installation. Can i install JDI on the Portal server?? i have deployed the building blocks on the Portal server using the SDM as per the installation document. Is that all i just have to configure them or am i missing something ?

Do i have to do a seperate installation with j2ee engine and a database for DTR ? If its deployed with portal where is DTP going to store the version information ??

Also which installation master DVD is having the SAPINST for JDI installation. Please advice.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks

Harish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

note 754143 says you cannot mix the JDI wth anything else.

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

You can deploy the JDI sca on the portal server. No problem with that. However just make sure that your portal server has suffiecient capacity. When a central build is triggered CBS consumes a lot of app server resources. Hence it is advisable to have JDI on a separate J2EE engine.

No just deploying the sca files is not enough. There are some post installation config's that need to be carried. Guide you will find on service marketplace.

Depending on where (on which server) you have installed JDI DTR will store the info in corresponding DB.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sidharth,

Thanks for the reply. i am using this guide InstGuide_NWDI_SP12.pdf , is this the one you refering to. I would appreciate if you can send me a copy to my mail id gharish72@gmail.com.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Harish

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Yes its the same one.

Regards

Sidharth