cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to split one request into many to reduce response time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In a request I may get more than 20-30 materials for which, pricing info need to be returned. Its increasing the load on SAP and XI is not waiting for a long time to get the price. Please let me know a work around for this otherthan BPM.

Or is there any mechanism by which I can split the XML into multiple XMLs and process multi small requests.

Thanks

Seshu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member189558
Contributor
0 Kudos

Seshu,

Yes .. you can split to multiple small request using multimapping....

In the message mapping you have to change the occurance of the target message to 0..unbounded...

But note .. that not all adapters support multimapping...

Also note if the target is idoc and you want to create multiple idocs .. then the easiest is to export the xsd of the idoc , change the occurance of <IDOC> to 0..unbounded and import as target message directly in the mapping......

Cheers,

Himadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using content conversion?

If so, you could consider using recordsets per message in the content conversion parameters.

This would create, multiple small messages, which could be mapped to the corresponding target messages, thereby creating multiple small requests.

Regards,

Smitha.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seshu,

Maybe you can consider writing a wrapper RFC to collect all the request in one shot and send all the response back to XI.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to either increase the timeout values in XI or do a BPM. There is no other way to achive what you desire.

Cheers,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

can you pl let me know where can I set this time-out parameter.

Thanks

Seshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned above if you have only 20-30 material at one go and you can create a wrapper RFC then this will get the response faster.

The only hitch is if your data size will increase in future.

regards

vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bahvesh/Vijaya,

I am using a wrapper RFC only in SAP. But when the no.of materials is high, SAP is taking huge time for responding to XI, and so XI will time out. Please letme know where can i set the time out paramaeter in XI

Thanks,

Seshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Seshu,

Take a look at Michal's Blog. if your scenario is a sender SOAP based then please set syncMessageDeliveryTimeoutMsec to a desired value.

Cheers,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshu -

Timeouts can be tricky in synchronous cases with all the various components of XI. In your case, you've implied that the RFC receiver adapter is being used to talk to SAP and it's taking a long time for SAP to process this request and send back a response. Are you getting a '...MessageExpiredException'? If so, the parameter 'xiadapter.inbound.timeout.default' in the 'SAP XI Adapter: XI' J2EE service would be relevant (see Note 791379 for details). The 'syncMessageDeliveryTimeoutMsec' parameter of the 'SAP XI Adapter: RFC' J2EE service is only relevant if you're using the RFC sender adapter.

Other timeout settings may come into play. <a href="http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700005909032005E/XI30XI70_TroubleGuide.pdf">The XI Troubleshooting guide</a> has some good information on this.

Also, if this scenario is required to be synchronous, there's no way to split the request without using BPM as synchronous requests cannot be sent to multiple receivers.

Regards,

Jin