Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non PO invoice : Entry of document types

former_member293881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on SRM5.0 with EC scenario. Client needs to perform invoice / credit memo with document type. We can’t select document type from drop down box at header level. How to replicate backend invoice document type (RE gross invoice, RN net invoice, etc) to SRM? Any report to execute for it?

Thanks in advance.

Rahul Mandale

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm afraid as standard this function is not available. The default value for the document type 'RE' is hard coded. Have you considered maybe the user exit?

Note 316464 states:

"These three default values (document type, account key and indicator) can be hanged in the user exit EXIT_SAPLBBPI_001. If you change the document type, use only a gross document type. The BBP system only supports "gross posting"."

You might code the user-exit to change the document type from RE to a user-defined type, whenever CUST_TI_IT-PO_NUMBER is initial. Otherwise 'RE' will be used.

former_member293881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Can you brief on how you use that user exit to change document type?

How to link that user-defined field to IDOC ID and make use of that IDOC ID value in backend for creation of invocie?

Regards,

Rahul Mandale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create a number range for the local invoice in SRM and assign this number range to the transaction type INV (you can define you own ) for the BUS object BUS2205.

You can only set RE as the document type for posting gross in the backend system. But youcan overwrite this using a user exit in backend and this has to be flagged a gross document type.

Rgds

Reddy

former_member293881
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

I am not refering transaction type. I am refering document type while posting srm invoice similar MIRO / FB60 trans in BE R/3. How to replicate these RE, RN document types to SRM?

Hope you could undertsnad the problem. Let me know.

regards,

rahul mandale

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as i know, there is no such replication from ECC to SRM.

Kind regards,

Yann

former_member293881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

Client need to create SRM invocie without PO but with different document type and should create corresponding accounting documents in backend.

In SRM SPRO, it is mentioned that "For invoice verification, you can only set RE as the document type for posting gross in the backend system.You can also set another document type using a user exit in the backend. This also has to be flagged as gross document type."

Which user exit will help here to get Idoc inbound parameter to create different document type RE, AE, AA etc. ?

Let me know if you had came across such requirement.

regards,

Rahul Mandale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul ,

We also have similar requirement . But this funcitonality is not available in SRM like we select document type in SAP R/3 or ECC system.

It may require development efforts like capturing the document type in cusotmer field and passing to ECC system .

Regards

Mani

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1) Configure addl transaction types & no ranges as in ERP

2) Use exit EXIT_SAPLBBPI_001 in the backend

Best regards

Ramki

former_member293881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mani / Ramki,

I have opened OSS message with SAP and their development team working on it. But I am not sure about how they are resolving this issue.

Ramki, How we can use this transaction type and user exit? Can you explain in brief please?

Is there need of creation additional transaction type again?

I request to forum memeber to share their work around in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

Rahul Mandale

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

On second thoughts, this could be more messy than I thought initially..

I am not sure whether the given is going to work with LIV (RE/RN etc are not LIV types).

This might work only with accounting document types (RE/RN or any other customer defined ones).

Pl try this first: Create a new doc type in R/3 (copy of RE)..e.g. Z1.

Create Z1 in SRM also as invoice txn type (e.g. copy of INV).

Create an invoice w/o PO with Z1 and post in SRM.

See, the problem you face. If it hits a problem, implement user exit (You will need an abaper for this.

).

Best regards

Ramki

former_member293881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

How you are linking accounting type (Z1) from back end to SRM transaction types? These are totally different. Transaction type (INV) would be same but accounting document may different as per requirement.

When I am posting invoice w/o PO with transaction type (INV) & accounting document type (Z1), system is only creating RE accounting document in back end. Here requirement is that if I select Z1, should hit to Z1 accounting type in backend to create corresponding document.

What could be the workaround for it?

Regards,

Rahul Mandale

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I thought so.

now, you need to implement User exit EXIT_SAPLBBPI_001 in the backend.

You need an ABAPer.

Best regards

Ramki