cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search for community members?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there a way to search for a community member? From a forum message, I can easily navigate to the business card of its author. But how do I find information on the author of an article, for example? Or on any arbitrary user?

Thanks for your help,

Sabine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Currently, this functionality does not exist. I have thought that this would be nice to have, but I believe that there are privacy issues with it which prevents SDN from implementing such functionalilty.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

sabine_heider
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

okay, thanks - at least I can stop searching for the functionality now

However, I still consider it quite useful and would really appreciate to have a user search. Can't quite see the privacy issue as you can choose yourself which information to publish on your business card. And for the forums, it's available!

Anyway, thanks for the quick answer!

Best regards,

Sabine

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I don't disagree with you, but I believe that this was brought up before and the answer was there was a privacy issue.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess that not all people have the same integrity as you and when it comes to this kind of info. Setting up a bot for gathering e-mails in order to send spam becomes a bit easier when you provide such functionality.

That doesn't mean that I don't disagree either to have such a functionality.

Eddy

Answers (0)