cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Barcode in Smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When i am previewing the smartform, i was able to see the barcode.

When i am printing the Smartform i am seeing the Order number instead of Barcode.

This is happening from my client side also. (You might think that, my printer is not supported for the barcode. But the client printer is barcode enabled printer)

When the client is printing the SAP Script for the same which i have converted to Smartform is printing the Barcode correctly.

Do i need to do any settings? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Lin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sometimes the printer will not support barcode printing.

You have to install the some supporting software to print barcode.

Visit this page. It helped me while printing bar code.

http://www.tec-it.com/barcode/go/barcode_sap_1.htm

Let me know if it works for you also by awarding points.

Regards

Saidass

former_member193831
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Lin,

If you have not already checked this:

The character formats used for Barcode are correct?

Rgds

Vivek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Yes, the charadter formats used for the Barcode are correct. And i have used BC_CD39 as the Barcode.

Thanks,

Lin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lin,

In ur case only two ways u can over come this problem

1) print this on a bar code printer(which) u r already doing)

2) smartstyle bar code format.

else it should be printing fine.

in ur case i feel the printer is not a bar code printer coz u say that in print preview u can c the bar code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasad,

The Smartform print preview is coming correctly, Printing is not...

SAP Script Print preview and printing are coming correctly.

So in that case, how we can say the printer has the probelm...

Thanks,

Lin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lin,

i havent yet faced this type of problem ...as soon u find the solution plz lemme know..

but wat i mentioned are the generally happening.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on the Printer as well as on barcodes. Some barcodes are printer independent and some barcodes printer dependent. If you are printing a smartform or script from a non-barcode printer then you will get order no, not barcode. For independent and depenents barcodes you need to search the documents from net.

If it uesful info assign points.

Ashven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashven,

Thank you for the reply.

When the SAP Script is printing the Barcode in the printer, what could be the problem for the Smartform.

Bcoz i have migrated the SAP Script to Smartform.

When the client is printing the SAP Script he able to see the Barcode, when he is trying to print the Smartform he is able to see the Order # instead of Barcode.

Hope you got my point.

Please do the needful.

Thanks,

Lin

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think u have to specify the barcode in smartform explicitly in the smartform style for using the barcode even though it is migrated from script.

jst try this way ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prasad,

Without defining in Smartstyle how can i see in the Barcode in Print preview. :)-

Thanks,

Lin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi understand that you have come here after exhausting all the possibilities

but is the barcode type you are using in dev is the same in testing or is it present with in the client system, can you confirm

santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

I am testing in DEV it self.

I am using the same Barcode, which i was using in the SAP Script and it is SAP Standard Barcode (BC29).

Thanks,

Lin

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

All you need to check is

1. Whether the printer supports Barcode. If it does not support barcode, then you will need to buy a DIMM card or barcode.dll file. You can get a demo file from net.

2. You need to install DIMM Card to your printer. or You need to install Barcode.dll file in SAPLpd directory in the front end PC.

or

3. You can buy software that you can upload in your SAP print Server that will convert the barcode symbology as an image that will print on a regular laser printer. But option results in less sharper barcodes. This option is really if you need to convert a large quantity of printers (>10) to support barcodes.

For complete information always you can go to SAP Help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d9/4a94c851ea11d189570000e829fbbd/content.htm

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thank you for the reply.

I think DIMM Card is not required for SMARTFORMS.

The primary reason to redo the SAPScripts in Smartforms was that the Smartforms do not require the DIMM in the printer in order to print bar codes.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks,

Lin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lin,

try creating a smartform style and check for the output..when nothing works giviong this attempt is no harm..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasad,

I have already created the Smartstyle for the Smartform.

With out the Smartstyle you don't get the fonts into the Smartform right.

And i am using the same smartstyle in the Smartform.

Thanks,

Lin

sridhar_k1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Printing barcodes using smartforms on printers that doesn't support barcodes needs new barcode technology provided by sap.

Create a new barcode using new tech. in SE73 and use it smartform.

Here's how to create new tchnology barcode:

Se73->System Barcodes->Change->Create->New-> Give name ZCODE39 and description 'Code 39 no chck digit'->Code 39->Normal->remove X from Mod-43 check digit-> save barcode.

Regards

Sridhar