cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Connection Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

I need to connect to the oracle database and i am getting this error. can someone plz help me in this issue

com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Database connection could not be established

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question is ansewred and it was of great help

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Sneha

To test the database server, you can use the simple command prompt like this from DOS prompt

sqlplus userid/pwd@databasename

if this works ur db server is fine..

reg the driver:

--talk to Basis guy .. is it the firs time installing JDBC driver or upgraded..

--anyhow, you can check that in the Provider.XML for the JDBC jar file..

- JDBC jar file and provider.XML will be in ....usr/sap/...../j2ee/cluster.../bin/ext/...lib/ xxxx.sda

- to open this sda file, unzip it.. u can also rename it as zip file to unzip it

- goto the provider.xml to check the jdbc jar file is there or not.. if not, u got to manually add it..

hope this helps

for more info..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3867a582-0401-0010-6cbf-9644e49f...

Thanks-GS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for the suggestions and the basis guy has installed the drivers and finally my solved the problem.

I really appreciate the help and support given my everbody to solve this problem.

How can i reward with points, plz let me know

Thanks,

sneha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

There is no firewall issue now but i am getting hte following error

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:oracle:thin:@//199.64.106.40:1521/ACSSBD' using the JDBC driver 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:oracle:thin:@//199.64.106.40:1521/ACSSBD': SAPClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sneha,

It seems the jdbc driver you are specifying is not installed on your server. Ask your basis about it. There are another versions of this driver, and the namespaces are a little bit different. Try to find what exactly is the driver you are supposed to use.

Another thing you can try is to use only":" at the server address. Like this:

"jdbc:oracle:thin:@199.64.106.40:1521:ACSSBD". I'm using with this address format and it's working fine. But I think your problem is really about the driver installation.

roberti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the reply and how to test the database server is responding or not. I tried with command telnet. Is it the way i shld do or any other processs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can even use a stand alone java program to access the database. You can get sample codes to connect to oracle database from google search.

Regards,

P.Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sneha,

This could be a firewall issue.Try pinging the IP address and port on which your database is running.Check for ports, and firewalls and see if they are open.

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Has the specific driver been deployed with the SDM ?

Can you write here the driver string and the connection string parameters that you put in the Communicational Channel ?

Regards,

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using the following connection and drivers

JDBC Driver : oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Conneciont : jdbc:oracle:thin:@199.64.106.40:1521:ACSSBD

Thnks,

sneha

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sandro,

I am using

JDBC Driver : oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Conneciont : jdbc:oracle:thin:@199.64.106.40:1521:ACSSBD

plz gudie me how to resolve this issue, do u think is this a firewall issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Double check if the IP and the port are corrects, you can check also from your PC with the "telnet" command.

telnet 199.64.106.40 1521

You should recognize if the server accept your call.

Regards,

Sandro