cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems during 2004s upgrade to SP10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i tried to upgrade my NetWeaver-2004s-Test-System and it didn't work. I have installed a rapid installer version of a NetWeaver 2004s Java Stack System SP8 MaxDB and upgraded it to SP9 a month ago (it only worked after I had changed the package order manually before using the JSPM).

During the deployment of the SP10 packages the SDM tried to restart the SAP system without success. I have waited a whole day until i stopped the system manually. Then i tried to restart the sap system, also without success. The dispatcher stops after 10 minutes with error code -11114.

Spending several hours reading log files and forum threads i came to the conclusion that the problem was caused by a configured ldap connection. So i decided to reinstall the sap system, this time without setting up the ldap connection. But the upgrade to SP10 (directly from SP8) failed again with the same error message.

Is here anyone that has the same problems?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ranjeet0702
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Upgrade SDM to SP10 first then start the NW04s upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

This doesn't help. I first deployed the SDM manually as described in SAP note 860939. Then I started the JSPM with the remaining packages. The result is the same: error 11114.

This time I made a backup of the sapdb directory and SID directory before. After the erroneous upgrade I stopped all active SAP services and copied the backed up directories back to their appropriate locations. There were only two small trace files that couldn't be replaced. I ignored them and restarted the system. It seems that everything works fine at the moment.

Well I'm still at patch level SP9 and have to wait for some tips regarding the SP10 upgrade.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You say that the dispatcher stops after 10 minutes. Does this mean that the whole system is running for 10mins and then restarts itself?

If so, there might be a licensing error. RC=11111 is the returncode for license error.

Is it the J2ee or the ABAP dispatcher that stops?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, the system doesn't start. It stops during the starting process after 5 minutes. Then it tries to restart but this doens't work too.

After the first upgrade i have tried to solve the problem by analysing the log files and changing some system settings. I found the message "Error occurred while preloading classes of security providers from jre/lib/ext folder: java.util.zip.ZipException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect." and corrected my java setting as described in note 965451. This resulted in another error code: 11113. Then i have thaugt my LDAP connection caused the error and fixed these settings too. But without success.

However after the second upgrade try I couldn't reproduce the error code 11113 although the error message "Error occurred while preloading classes of security providers..." didn't appear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved the problem. I downloaded a new Rapid Installer with Oracle as database and the upgrade to SP10 worked without any problems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I reinstalled the portal system and upgraded it to SP9 again. SP10 has to wait until I find some information about the error code. Or maybe SP11 will work with my configuration.

Is there a simple way to backup an installed system? (For example by copying the SID directory and the Max-DB directory to another location and then after a failed upgrade copying back?!)