cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plans for APIs to IB data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anybody know if there exists any plans to release an API (JAVA/ABAP) to access IB repository and configuration data?

rgds Johan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandro,

Thank's for your reply, your last option is basically how some of the edi/b2b 3rd party adapters work (Seeburger) and is ofcourse an option even though a little bit on the advanced side as you mention...I was looking for a simpler solution...

There are also other areas where an API would be useful for example to be able to extract the xsd of a message type to be able to do schema validations based on the interface of the received message...

//Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can contribute: look to this discussion between Dirk and me:

Regards,

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Customer request to build a web application with a simple web UI which enable them to view and configure a new/additional receiver of an existing interface without knowing more than the receiving URL. I.e. a simple application that can be used by service center personel with no Xi training.

To do this I would need an API for viewing and creating directory objects...

//Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very interesting issue.

I don't think SAP is going to deliver an API in order to make what you need, also because this impact on the sophisticated mechanism IR -> SXI_CACHE (JAVA -> ABAP).

If the customer really want this, may be better to look for other options:

Easy way: give the access to IR to the non-skilled user, with good user-profiling and good naming convenction in order to make very easy create new routings

Difficult way: create a custom XI adapter with also a Web Interface that allow to insert the multiple receivers URL.

Regards,

Sandro

Regards

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why ?