Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong DTR server selection....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Please help me understand this concept:

Am working on 2 sneak preview portal versions...EP6 EP15 & EP7 SP7.

1. Had initially configured and created DTR client for EP7. Now I have created a new DTR client for EP6. So I can see 2 DTR clients under DTR menu in NWDS.

2. Have changed the SAP J2EE Engine config to that of EP6 server & Message server post.

3. Updated the Java Development Infrastructure -> Development Configuration Pool & its pinging (EP6 server URL)

Question:

Now everytime I try to login into DTR of EP6, the prompt window shows that it getting connected to EP7 server. Why so?

To confirm this, I created a new DTR client of EP6 server & after entering userid passowrd the prompt window showed ...Checkign userid and password....for EP7 server.....

Am totally confused....from where is the EP7 server DTR coming here.....

Hope I am clear with the query.....

Please guide.....

Awaiting Reply.

Thansk & Warm Regards,

Ritu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

In the menu did you select Dtr -> Select Client and the client for EP6. A tick shows the selected client.

I know a silly suggestion but just make sure that you have selected the client before logging in.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

I had done & checked the DTR for EP6 but still this is happening.....

I asked one of my seniors and he said that when you login into NWDS, it uses the same credentials to login into all DTR clients I have in my NWDS instance.

So this could be possible.....

What do you say...

Warm Regards,

Ritu

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

Yes for using multiple clients it is required to have the same user id and passwords on all servers. But i thought that was for importing dev config after changing SLD server URL in preferences.

Honestly i have not tried to create a dtr client and work with just dtr alone. I have faced this issue with dev config though.

You should try this and post your comments.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

I have deleted all the DTR clients & then created just one that points to EP6. Iniitally I was not able to delete the clients coz I was logged into DTR but then I accessed NWDS without loggin and it worked.

But now I see something more.....

I created a new & single DTR client named newDTR_EP6.

After I log into DTR (via NWDS), I see another client named EP_AD0 and its the default one....

How does this happen?

Any inputs???

Awaiting Reply.

Thanks & Warm Regards,

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

is the EP_AD0 an old client that should have been deleted?

You may want to check the .dtr folder, perhaps the entries were not correctly removed from the servers.xml/clients.xml files and thus you still see some "ghosts"?

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Yes i think the ghost idea fits proper here...heheheh

I had deleted the files .dtr folder completely.... but then again the EP_AD0 client comes in again.....

I think when I log into DTR, does my NWDS instance pulls in all the existing DTR client...

Wat do you say?

Awaiting Reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

no, the DTR server does not really know about all "clients", but maybe we're using slightly different terminology. A DTR client is just a client side setting that maps a local name and a local folder to a remote URL.

Do you see the same node when you login to http://<your dtr host:port>/dtr/ws ? Then it is not a "client", it is a "workspace" or "workspace folder". If you want to get rid of that then you must delete the files on the DTR server (using a client).

Regards,

Marc