cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accesing file from another server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have configured a sender file adapter that must pick up one file on another server(SAP R/3), therefore I need read and write access for the XI user in the directory where the file is placed.

Both systems, SAP R/3 and SAP XI are running on Unix operating systems. For SAP systems which are running on windows I have read in the help that the user would be SAPService<SAPSID>. My question is which user I should use for Unix systems? because it seems that the user SAPService<SAPSID> is not supported on Unix systems.

Thanks a lot,

Regards,

Luis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have created users called XIRFCUSER to use across all domains and all systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

Could you explain how have you achieved that? and how to say to XI, that should use that user for accesing other systems?

Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Luis

We have set up users in the O/S of each system called XIRFCUSER. We run R/3 on Unix and XI on Windows.

We add this data to the FTP/FILE Adapter page and RFC Adapter page.

We also have System users called XIRFCUSER setup in XI and R/3 with SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW for processing the data into the backend.

All passwords are the same in each domain - Dev, Test and Prod.

When the interface runs it picks up and processes the files across operating systems and domains to post successfully into/out of R/3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

We need to access the other system using file adapter and file system(NFS) as transport protocol. There is any option for setting up any user and password with this transport tropocol, so XI takes one default user, for windows systems is SAPService<SAPSID>, but for UNIX systems we dont know...

So i dont know exactly what you mean with this..if you mean to write the username and password, as I told you before in our case we can not do it...

"We add this data to the FTP/FILE Adapter page and RFC Adapter page."

Thanks,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you not talking about Communciation channels?

In the Communication channel, when you select FTP, you can add server, target directory, port, username, password, connection mode...

We add the XIRFCUSER and password here.

On RFC Communication channel, we add Application server, system number, logon user and password...

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you see your communication channel, with file adapter, there are two options for transport protocol, ftp and nfs. In ftp of course you can set user and password, but I need to use the other one NFS, and in that one you can not set user and password, XI use one default user for accesing to other servers running on UNIX and would like to know which one is that user.

That's my problem...

Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Luis, the UNIX admin must configure SAMBA in XI server in order to access to the NT box.

After this, you will be able to access the windows file system via network share.

You have to explain this to the UNIX box admin.

Regards,

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandro,

we are trying to access a UNIX file system. Your solution is for accesing windows file system.

Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Luis,

no matter, SAMBA is both client and server. Always you need UNIX admin that configure it, also regarding the <sid>adm user.

The other possibility is to use the UNIX protocol, instead of SAMBA: to use an NFS client and NFS server on the Windows Box.

You find differenttool for this, for instance this:

http://labf.com/nfsaxe/lp08.html

Regards,

Sandro

Answers (0)