cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

explicit call of searchhelp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i programmed a searchhelp for a string-Inputfield a couple of days ago.

Our customer now wants, that if he writes a string with an asterik and presses the Enterkey the searchhelp is automatically called.

I would be very glad, if sb could help me.

Thank you and best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215843
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

As fas as I know there is no possibility to call an OVS valuehelp or a DDIC valuehelp from an action handler, because the framework has to trigger it at the right times during the phases.

Only if you have implemented your own value help, you could add some methods and navigation to your value help component, which could be called by the using component.

Regina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Regina.

I know this fact, but I still don't know how to open the seachhelp itself.

The implemented interface only has a method close_window( ) but no open_window( ) method or silimar.

regards

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

As Regina pointed out it's not possible, because both DDIC value help and OVS are both tightly integrated into the runtime. Nonetheless, you could create a popup window with a view of your own inside and display it using the standard window API. I was wondering, if you could describe your scenario a bit more, like how the ui interaction looks like that is supposed to trigger the display of the value help. Perhaps there are additional options to solve this issue.

Best regards,

Thomas

Answers (0)