cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping runaway BPE workflow (infinite loop on synchronous send)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an issue with an inadvertant infinite loop in an Integration Process which is now seemingly unstoppable. I discovered that it was looping (branch that it is looping over includes a syncronous send, so I was getting lot's of messages in SXMB_MONI) and so started to look into why. I now know what the issue was with my Integration Process and know how to fix but I can't stop what is already running.

I search these forums and saw the information about SWWL in other threads but this is no use to me for some reason. I can remove all filters and still I only see the active and completed work items for the "block" and "sync send" which are causing the issue. When I delete all in SWWL it only deletes the COMPLETED ones, and gives me an error on the STARTED ones saying that it is locked by user WF-BATCH... and SM12 is useless for solving this because as quickly as I can remove the locks, they are replaced.

I tried Michals weblog suggestion of stopping the BPE using txn SWF_XI_ADM_BPE - but strangley although I could stop the BPE completely it did not stop these work items being continually created.

I assume there must be a background job, by WF-BATCH user which is creating these work items but I just have no clue how to stop it... any ideas!?

P.S. Have tried changing/deleting/removing and re activating the Integration Process, to the point where the steps which are continuously running no longer even exist in the active process/workflow, but the old one is clearly still going strong somewhere!

Many thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you deactivated the configurations made for that syynchronuous send?

(i.e) the communication channels.

And try deleting the interface deteminations.

Why dont you try restarting your server, but dont know if this works.

Regards,

P.Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for the reply, but yes, I tried deleting interface determination and receiver determination, and already disabled the Comm Channel... nothing seems to stop it trying though!! Have not rebooted yet as I can't, but will get someone to try I suppose.

Thanks,

Chris