cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ramco Marshall - SAP Interface using XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to build an interface between <u><b>Ramco Marshall and SAP using XI</b></u> .

Please provide me some information, methodology and document for the same.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

I dont have much idea about Ramco Marshall ,except it is an ERP system and we are using it for PM module.

If we consider it as just another ERP system ( 3rd Party) how can we build the interface between Marshall and SAP.

Thanks for your prompt reply....

Puneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

Me too googled about Ramco Marshall and just came to know that its a ERP system.

We need to know something about that ERP system to integrate with it.

Usually we create a System in SLD as third party system. Create a scenario for that system in Integration Directory, use that business system created in SLD to connect to that 3rd party system. We can use any adapter like File, JDBC(for Database), JMS(for Messaging Systems) to connect to the third party system.

Currently how is that ERP system accessed? through any java application?

You can use java proxy in XI, if its possible to access Ramco Marshall usuing Java.

Regards,

P.Venktat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat

Marshall or E.Apps 3.1c and below used VC++ APIs and RFC calls to SQL server 7/2k.As of last last I had worked in E.Apps, in towards 2002end, most functionality to backend databases used to be routed thro' SQL stored procedures.Hence they can be very well handled using JDBC adapter.

It was totally Microsoft product not J2EE so of no use..There were exercises to move it to COM but I think this went nowhere.Now they use a platform called Ramco VirtualWorks which is predominantly COM based and supports JAVA as well.

Let me know which modules(Logistics(Purchasing, Inventory,PICC etc), Sales , Finanicials, HR payroll or Production) you are integrating perhaps I can help you with the solutioning bit.

Hope this helps..

regards

Sriram Vasudevan.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to integrate RAMCO HR to SAP FICO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

How does Ramco Marshall communicate with other system. Try giving some informations on that, so that we can say how it can be used to integrate with XI.

From XI to SAP R/3 its normally IDOC or RFC adapters. You can find many blogs and links for this scenario(File-IDOC) using XI.

Regards,

P.Venkat