cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebAS mini 6.2 - Installation Problem

LeonardoAraujo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am trying to install a mini SAP version 6.2 and I am getting installation errors at 50%.

Background: I had installed 4.6D sucessfully, than I installed 6.4 sneakpreview and it works fine.

Now I tried to install the 6.2 and gave me errors. I unistalled 4.6d (since I would like to have 6.2 and 6.4 at the same time) but I still get errors:

Error in INSTGUI:

Info: ADADBREGISTER_IND_ADA ExecuteDo 2 223

RC code form SyCoprocessWait = 2 .

Error: ADADBREGISTER_IND_ADA ExecuteCheck 2 223

Exit code from c:\sapdb\programs\pgm\dbmcli.exe: 2.

Error: ADADBREGISTER_IND_ADA InternalInstallationDo 2 223

Phase failed.

Error: ADADBREGISTER_IND_ADA InstallationDo 2 223

Phase failed.

Error: Main {} 2 223

ERROR IN COMMAND LINE window:

INFO 2005-02-14 10:08:03

Setting new Rundirectory.

Error! Do not mix installation root and instance name!

ERROR 2005-02-14 10:08:03 ADADBREGISTER_IND_ADA ExecuteCheck:0

Exit code from c:\sapdb\programs\pgm\dbmcli.exe: 2.

ERROR 2005-02-14 10:08:03 ADADBREGISTER_IND_ADA InternalInstallationDo:0

Phase failed.

ERROR 2005-02-14 10:08:03 ADADBREGISTER_IND_ADA InstallationDo:0

Phase failed.

ERROR 2005-02-14 10:08:03 Main

Installation aborted.

Do any of you know what the problem is and what I have to do to solve it? ( I could uninstall my 6.4 sneakpreview, but I would rather not. Last resouce)

Thanks

Leoanardo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Typically this error comes up and if you restart the install it goes away.

It could also have something to do with your 6.4 preview install, I've not tried both on the same system.

LeonardoAraujo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried many times to resume installation but it always stops at the same spot.

I will leave unistalling 6.4 for my last resource. I really would like to have it to play with developer studio.

Anyway, this would be all solved if I could get my hands on a mini 6.4 version, but I guess it doesn't exist (ABAP stack).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I think one of the sneak previews is 6.4 with ABAP and Java but don'T quote me on it.

I do seriously think your only chance is the uninstall of the 6.4 the DB is getting confused.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your system, exspecially the X-Server settings in the Registry get confused and are most likely the reason for your installation to fail. Think your last resort is to perform the complete uninstallation of your 6.4 system, clear the registry from any remaining SAP or x-server entries and try again. Tiest

LeonardoAraujo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So what that means is that we cannot have 6.4 and 6.2 installed in the same machine... this is disappointing cause I would like to practice developer studio and Java but I need ABAP and 6.4 doesn't have it in the sneak preview. Would the 6.4 test drive have both stacks (java and ABAP)? Where would I get one?

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Leonard, as far as I know, there is only a MiniWAS available with both a Java and an ABAP stack available for Linux in the SAP Knowledgeshop at no cost. Tiest.

Good luck with you installation!

Answers (0)