cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Null Pointer Exception In Debug Mode while using DB2E

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using MI client <b>SP15</b> with <b>DB2e</b> for persistence. When i execute the code in debug mode, <b>NullPointerException</b> is returned by the statement :

<b>SyncBoDescriptor sbd = descriptorFacade.getSyncBoDescriptor(syncBoName);</b>

But if i execute the same code on MI Client(Normal Execution) its working perfectly and the same code is working perfectly in Debug Mode when I use <b>File</b> as Persistence medium.

Please suggest a solution.

Regards,

Aryan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aryan

Since you say that the exception is reported only when using NWDS, one suggestion and possible solution is to check whether you are using different versions of JDK for the client and NWDS. If they are different try to use the same version and retry

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello aryan,

how did you execute the MI client in debug mode? is it via NWDS?

regards

jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, via NWDS

Aryan

sandeep_rs
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Aryan,

If the data was already created using FileIO as persistence, then before you use DB2e for persistence you will have to do a client data reset (so that the data tables for storing each sync BO's data is created and populated).

I suspect this has not been done. Please check on this one.

Best Regards,

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Actually I have tried out with File Persistence and it was working fine. Then using a separate MI Client installation, I have tried out with DB2E. For that I have downloaded DB2E installation file,followed by a client restart and then I downloaded my application.Now my application is using DB2e as persistence.

I have confirmed that by checking the "data" folder in the <MI_HOME>. Moreover I am using Jquery for querying.If the persistence medium is file then the statement which create Jquery instance will throw an exception.But that statement is executing correctly.

Regards

Aryan

sandeep_rs
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Aryan,

JQuery is implemented only with DB2e implementation and not with FileIO.

Regarding the null pointer exception, can you please set the trace to 'All' and paste the exception in here.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep ,

I know that Jquery Works only with DB2e. I have mentioned inorder to specify that my application's persistence medium is DB2E.

I am getting the NullPointerException only while debugging the application using NWDS otherwise its working correctly.

Regards,

Aryan