cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software components version cannot be changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

I transported XI design objects from DEV to PROD; however, I can't seem to edit the mappings I have created (I am getting a message, "Software components version cannot be changed" on top of the screen.)

As a result, I can't click the "edit" icon for the message mapping.

Is this an authorization problem, or is this just a characteristic of imported XI objects.

Looking forward to your replies.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To edit the component , in your Integration Repository , Double Click on your Souftware Componenent version.

At the bottom of the SWCV windows that opes , you will find 2 check boxes,

<b>1. All Objects are original objects

2. All Objects are modifiable.</b>

Select these, save the SWCV, and activate the changes. Now, you can make the changes you want to make ( the EDIT option will become available!).

<u><b>Note :</b></u>

Why are you planning to edit the objects directly in Production? If you make some changes in the prod SWCV directly, then again if you are going to move the objects from Dev to prod the next time, you will face Version Confilicts and you would need to resolve them. I would suggest make the changes in the Dev and then transport them to Prod!

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey, Bhavesh!

Thanks so much for the answer! The only things I will be changing in PROD is the value mapping for fields, I don't want to do this in DEV as I want to maintain it as a backup. Thanks again!

Regards,

Glenn

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos