cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full ABAP Edition-Trial on Windows Vista?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I wonder if someone has successfully installed NetWeaver 2004s ABAP Trial Version on Windows Vista.

Thank you so much!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1 - Click start

2 - Click control panel

3 - Click user accounts

4 - Click turn user accounts control on or off

5 - clear checkbox

6 - OK

jasonmuzzy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gustavo,

I tried turning off user account control but I still couldn't get the sneak preview ABAP to install under Vista. It just goes into a never-ending cycle of installing Microsoft updates and then rebooting. I have a feeling it is trying to install some XP updates but Vista stops it, and so the next time I start the installer it tries again.

If anybody has had any luck installing under Vista please post your steps!

For now I think I might try installing it in a virtual machine.

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know if the NSP system will load but I do know that SAPgui 6.4 won't work on Vista (even with patch 22). SAPgui 7.0 is supposed to work on Vista but it is still in beta and is not generally available. For this reason I have decided not to install Vista for now.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running SAPgui 6.40 on Vista without any problems (besides the anoyong Vista warning regarding a legacy application)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the heads up Frank. I was basing my comment on SAP notes 950052 and 66971.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Windows Vista identifies itself as "WindowsNT 6.0" whereas Windows XP returns "WindowsNT 5.0". You can see this when you try to install SQL server and the VB script fails. An ABAP-Edition Trial does noet use the same installation procedure or even the same DB, so it may work. But I think you will encounter more problems that it is worth. Furthermore, Vista has not yet been released to the public, only via volume licensing to business customers, and the ABAP Trial version does not implicitly supoort Vista, only XP.

To save yourself many potential headaches, and unnecessary post on the various forums, including SDN, you may to reconsider installing on Windows Vista at this time

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It shouldn't be a problem cause Windows generally has downward compatibility so whatever runs on XP should run on Vista, are you facing any problem while installing , if yes please post a reply to this thread.

Regards,

Siddhesh