cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find JSP syntax Errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All.

I develop JSP in EP environment by NW Studio, I fond it is difficult to find JSP syntax Errors when I wrote the JSP, I ever view EP log, but the information is so general, it only told me "Error occurs during the compilation of java generated from the jsp" and so so, I can't find more detail information , could you tell me how can I find the syntax Errors quickly?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error should be somewhere in the log or trace file.

Try default.trc in Visual Administrator (Log viewer) to look for more detail.

Another possibility is to look for plugins that are compatible with NWDS and that can (pre)compile JSP's. Anyone....?

In general is it is wise to keep your JSP's small, so use jsp:include (or page include) where possible. Also to avoid duplication of code. Indentation also helps to keep code readable.

Good luck,

Roelof

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member698570
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

if there are syntax errors or other errors in your JSP you can navigate to the work directory of your application on the J2EE Engine and look for the jsp file in there. Since the errors occur during compilation the work file of your JSP will also contain hints about errors regarding your code. This way you can easily find mistakes in your code

Hope this helps

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

After deploy and try to run your application, to see the compilation errors you should go to NWA - NetWeaver Administrator

http://localhost:50000/nwa

Monitoring / Logs and Traces

There is a good filter where you can use the project name to find the errors more fastly:

Filter by Content

Select Application and put your application name that you can see in the URL

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

This was one of my complaints when working with JSPs, I found nothing to help me. I'm afraid you just have to look at your tags and make sure every is ok.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

O! my god, it's so long time to me!!

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Yes, I feel your pain, really. This is why Web Dynpro is so nice.

Regards,

Rich Heilman