cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple RFC calls in same session

Former Member

Hi All,

I'm looking for a way to execute multiple RFCs (one after the other) within the same "session". The reason I need to execute them within the same session is because the initial RFCs store information in ABAP memory (EXPORT x TO MEMORY ID y) and subsequent ones will use that information (IMPORT x FROM MEMORY ID y) for further processing. I thought I could do it all as a transactional RFC call but as one of the RFCs invokes the GUI, it seems to cause complications. I don't think tRFCs are the correct solution because it invovles client interaction from the GUI in one of the calls.

Has anyone tried to do this with the .NET Connector before? I've tried reusing the connection but it seems to get reset after the first call. Please help!

Tim.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timothy,

I understand that you will create a single connection and first RFC will be called and the memory assign will be done, after this function is called second rfc will be called and the momory values will be got. Am I true?

If so, do you think that creating a new rfc function that calls first rfc and second rfc subsequently?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. I found the problem. I wasn't dealing with the Connection object properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

How are you doing ?

A session [when using NCo] is the length of time that the connection is open.

please let me know why the connection is being reset.

the client number is a mandatory attribute in any connection string, it is a part of a composite key which uniquely identifies the user

please let me know how you would like to proceed ?

with respect,

amit