cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM: Item category B/D for limit PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

Want to pose a question ? When created a Limit PO into SRM (item category Limit), I found that the back-end PO replica is been created with item category D.

Sounds starnge ?

I believe i did build the system correct with new account assignment category for UNKNOWN. Still system is picking up wrong item category and hence all calculations are going awary.

Please advice.

Thanks in anticipation.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi. Apart from that there was a technical snag in the system prohibiting me to achieve the desired outcome.

After OSS implementation I managed to get through it and now systems seems to be all set.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I am facing the same problem, while creating the Limit PO in Srm, it is showing Service PO in Backend. Can You please guide me the steps that you have done?

Best Regards

Lovkesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

In addition to what Yann said. My analysis is:

There is one more dimention to this is that the vendor master flag "GR-based invoicing" has the impact on POs item category. If this flag from vendor master don't get transferred to PO then implement the OSS notes 956083.

Now after applying this notes you see the standard functionality:

If let say, we are creating PO with "Invoice Only" flag then there are follwoing options:

a) If the "GR based invoice" flag in vendor master is checked then the POs goes into D item category and you can enter a service sheet for them.

b) If the "GR based invoice" flag in vendor master is NOT checked then the POs goes into B item category and you can enter invoice just after PO.

Please assign points as applicable.

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Limit SC with GR AND Invoice -> item category D

Limit SC with invoice only -> item category B

This is standard behaviour.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

Thank you for the post.

Point very well taken. My belief is that's how system should behave and capture the item category accordingly. Surprisingly, by keeping the Invoice only flag ON, back-end PO replica is been found picking up item category D than B.

Have I missed any config. settings.

Please advice.