cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Doubt ........... SAP on MSCS..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I installated the SAP ECC 6 on MSCS and finished all the steps successfully but i want to clarify one doubt. The Failover of the server from CI instance on one nodeA to DI instance on Node B.

Does the DI instance start Automatically once the cluster grps moves automatically to NodeB or we need to manually start the DI instances after the CI failure.

Please let me know am i clear or i can further elaborate on this.

Cheers

Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We run SAP on MSCS windows server 2003.

On all the failover testing we did before go live, the Application and Database always started successfully, on either node - and both on each node. We installed oracle on both nodes - including Oracle Failsafe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes agreed. The failover is successful as the DB and the ASCS instance starts automatically with no problem. I am talking abt CI instance which is on node A and DI instance on nodes B do they start automatically.

Cheers

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have two servers - one running CI (node A) and one running DB (Node B).

The MS Cluster Software deals with the failing over and restarting, on either or both nodes. We can run both on Node A and both on Node B and both CI and DB start automatically when they fail across.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok, First is start my CI instance on Node A and its running good then when i do the fail over of the cluster grps to Node B and start my DI instance i can see that me CI instance is slowly going yellow and when u push back the cluster grps the CI doesn't start automactically and happens same with DI instance on Nodes B. Can you please suggest me wht exactly the problem will be and wht i can do to rectify it.

cheers

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does the MSCS be Active/ Active or Active/ Passive.

Cheers

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you get an errors in the SAP MMC syslog?

I didn't set up the Servers/Cluster services, just installed NW04/Oracle....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi barry,

discussing with u gave me some clue which helped me to solved it. Thx mate. Have a good one.

Cheers

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Could you please let me know how you solved your problem,we are the same problem, Our cluster is active/passive?

Thanks,

Maryam

Answers (0)