Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Forecast in dollers?

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can any one help in forecasting APO DP in dollars? If you have any documents or suggestions please send me .I will be thankfull to you .

Thanks a Lot

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using both Dollars and units for forecasting. Unit price is stored in a key figure and using macro user can convert units to dollars or vice versa. This is a 'average' type key figure and initially data loaded through external-BW (BW gets from R/3) and later user can edit unit price if they want. unit price is stored/maintained at Product level. So, to forecast you need to unit price and couple of macros to convert units to dollars. You need to figureout the best option based on your business case/requirement to store unit price in timeseries or extract from R/3 or product master as suggested by Vinayak and Somnath.

Thanks,

Niranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

If i got your question correct, i understood it as .. you want the Currency to be Dollars. This Currency is mentioned in the Planning Area definition.

Thanks

Prvn

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi There,

My question is

I have sales history data and that one is in Units and i want to convert into dollar can you please tell me how we need to do in Macros?

Thanks a Lot

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

You can use either macros or an user exit maro to convert the #s into $. Only issue is you will have to maintain the price for each SKU in APO if you want to use macro. Best thing is to use an user exit macro so that you can call a RFC function module to go to R3 and pick up the cost from accounting view.

Hope this helps.

Regds,

Vinayak Oak

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raj,

I agree with Vinayak's approach of using macros to convert the demand (in one keyfigure) to dollars (in another keyfigure). You can actually use CIF user-exit to populate the price from accounting view and populate it in one of the Extra fields in Location Product master. That way when you execute the macro you need to goto R/3 to pick up the cost data.

Another caveat - when you run such macro - make sure it is executed at location-product level. In background mode this is setup by the aggregation level. In foreground use a collective macro with steps to drill-down by product followed by location, carry out the calculation and drillup by location followed by product.

Thanks,

Somnath