cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Updating Meta Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

I changed a SAP custom table (added 1 extra field). Next I tried to update the meta data in Visual Studio, but the new field of the table is missing.

If I generate the proxy completely new, all fields of the table are visible.

Is there any limitation for updating table meta data ? The table contains 80 fields befor changing and 81 fields after chainging.

Any hints ?

Best regards,

G.Rausch

P.S.: As "workaround" I deleted the old proxy and genareted a new one, which worked fine. But this is no satisfactory solution at all.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This should definitely work. Have you dragged the SAP server node to your .sapwsdl designer? Did you see any conflict messages boxes? Did you say "Yes" or "Yes for all"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had the same problem in another VS Solution as well, but I managed to solve the problem

After closing the sapwsdl[Design] and opening it again all fields are visible.

Regards,

Gerhard Rausch

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah, you tapped into a small pit fall bug in the current version: If you update metadata the .sapwdsdl designer is not marked dirty. As a result, you could close it without saving the changes and thus also without regenerating code. Simple workarround: just select one of the icons (e.g. a method) and move it slidely. This will mark the designer dirty and thus all your changes would be visible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the further explanation of this behaviour.

Regards,

Gerhard Rausch

Answers (0)