cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing client without master data / transaction data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I am Dominique and I want to set up an SAP client for customizing only (without any master and transaction data) : reference customizing client.

I did not find in SCC4 any option to block data to be posted in that kind of client.

Can somebody help me ?

Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have Four clients in Dev

010 - sandpit

020 - ABAP Development

030 - Customising

040 - unit Testing

We know that there is to be no master data added in client 030, although this is not always possible. GL Accounts count as master data, however these are used with assignments in configuration, so some cases master data is needed in the client.

There is no transactional data in our Customising client. This is something we are told are rememeber, and can't be enforced by the system - that we know about, anyway!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think there is no way from SCC4 to stop users from entering master and Transanctional data. Anyways you can have a reference Customizing client with the master and transanctional data being present inthe system as well.

Anyways you can block access to the client with roles. That will not allow any changes.

Hope that helps Dominique

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dominique,

I think it is not possible via client customizing to restrict data posting. I suggest to restrict with appropiate roles the users who access the reference client.

Kind Regards,

Gustavo