Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Entry List

former_member187439
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to use "dynamic entry list" to populate my drop down lists in VC screens. I need to do this through web services.

when i populate my drop down lists by using a BAPI, its working fine. Where as while using a web service system, its showing blank output. The web service when tested without mapping to drop-down list is showing output in VC.

Have any of you tried this before?Please post your experinece/ new ideas.

Thanks in advance,

Kavitha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

TSB
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there a solution for the empty dynamic entry list based on bi queries in VC SPS10? The download links in note 1009081 do not work any more...

Cheers,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto the Service Market Place and download the patch there.

TSB
Explorer
0 Kudos

Mario,

thanks for replying fast. As far as I can see there are no patches for VC 7 SPS10 components in marketplace. The SPS10 itself does not solve the problem. Please correct me, if I´m wrong...

Tobias

former_member193545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

The problem with dynamic entry lists and webservices has been fixed and will be released in one of the up comming patches for SP9.

Jarrod Williams

former_member187439
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'm using SPS 9. Is'nt there a solution guys?

former_member193545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there is a bug in SP9 which has been fixed for the next patch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We also had problems since SP9. A workaround is to use global list instead of a dynamic entry list, but then you might get the 32k problem, if you use a lot of these global lists.

Best Regards,

Marcel

former_member187439
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can u please be little more clear?.. I have to use around 15 WSDLs.. Will you suggest "Global Entry List" for my project??

former_member193545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Patch 2 for SP9 has been released and it has the fix for dropdown and webservices. You will have to install patch 2 for VC and patch 5 for portal to get the complete fix, Please see CSN note 995481 for more information.

Jarrod Williams

former_member187439
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jarrod,

We have applied all the patch files advised by you, referring the CSN note 995481. Even now, the <b>"Dynamic entry list issue of drop down lists using WebServices in VC"</b> is not resloved.Does this have a fix or not?Please reply ASAP..

Thanks,

Kavitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

we are facing a similar problem with BI Queries.

If you use SP10 this note might help:

Note 1009081 - dynamic entry list does not work for BI Queries

It is a problem error in flex compiler introduced in NW04S SPS10, it works fine in SPS9 and before.

Regards,

Lars