cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1 in model class.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1 in model class. A Portion of the stack trace is as follows:

<b><i>java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Record.getString(JCO.java:12623)

at com.sap.aii.proxy.framework.core.JcoBaseTypeData.getElementValueAsString(JcoBaseTypeData.java:669)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.modelimpl.dynamicrfc.DynamicRFCModelClass.getAttributeValueAsString(DynamicRFCModelClass.java:409)

at com.sap.measpoint_validate.__Emn__Pm_Measpoint_Validate_Output.getE_Characteristic(__Emn__Pm_Measpoint_Validate_Output.java:164)

at com.sap.measurementapp.wdp.IPublicMeasurementPointComp$IOutputElement.wdGetString(IPublicMeasurementPointComp.java:1885)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.MappedNodeElement.wdGetString(MappedNodeElement.java:586)

</i></b>

I am getting the data for other fields but E_Characteristic is giving the above error.

I deleted and imported the model again but the problem still persists.

Regards,

Deepika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Restart your J2EE engine.

The engine caches information regarding models and when you reimport a model it still has the old information in his cache which can lead to this exception. The only way to clear this is by restarting.

Regards,

Christophe

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

Check out weather the existing BAPI skeleton is changed. if so you need to restrat the server.

Regards,

Sai.K.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you made any changes in R/3 side.

I means to say if the old structure has contains some elements but new structure not containing the new elements.

this kind of scenario it would be happend.

Or other wise chage your cardinality node.

Or redeploy once again then it make sensce.

Thanks,

Lohi.

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

See this thread same problem but solved:

Regards, Suresh KB