cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with updating XI 3.0 (Kernel etc.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well i finally did all the patching to SP 19, everything worked fine. Except the Kernel patch.

I have an error concerning CL_BSP_MODEL where i found note 869197 to update the Kernel (we have 43 - should be 48 for getting rid of the error)

Therefore i checked out the notes 19466 and 750511.

I have done all mentioned in 19466 and 750511.

I just copied the given files of SAPEXE.SAR and SAPEXEDB.SAR in the folders

\usr\sap<SAPSID>sys\exe\run and \usr\sap<SAPSID>sys\exe\runU

After restarting there is no update given in the status, there is still level 43 given!

After all i have the problem that the message sending isn't working. Everything i tried to send thru the XI doesn't seem to get into the XI, i have no clue why and no clue where to check this?!

can anyone help?! br, Jens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAR files are archive file, you must to extract the files with the SAPCAR tool, that you find in the directory

\usr\sap<SAPSID>sys\exe\run and \usr\sap<SAPSID>sys\exe\runU

Here some <a href="http://www.easymarketplace.de/SAPCAR.php">external docu</a> for SAPCAR

Regards,

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandro, actually I know how to use SAPCAR, but anyway...thx.

I have the problem that the patch level isn't upgarded in the system, its still on 43 instead of 48 what i tried to install.

Isn't it just downloading SAPEXE, SAPEXEDB and copy the unpacked files in the folders like :

SAPEXE into \usr\sap\<SAPSID>\sys\exe\run

and

SAPEXEDB into \usr\sap\<SAPSID>\sys\exe\runU

???

Or do i need sth else?! The SPs for all the installed SWC like Basis, ABA, XI i already deployed.

Is there sth. wrong in my doing?!

br, Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

You have to place all the files SAPEXE, SAPEXEDB in RUN directory after uncaring them.

Cheers,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, are u sure the both unpacked files have to put into the run folder?

Plz check Note 19466, there i read about run and runU folder?!

Please give me a feedback if the note is right or not, unless i won't touch my kernel again!

thx, br Jens