cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

messages keep in 'Delivering' status in adapt engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear buddies.

My scenario is ABAPproxy-XI-JDBC to modify BD2 tables.

At first everything went fine. However once the operation of modify database occured errors, such as dupicated key words or item format mismatched, the message kept delivering status in adapter engine comparing with the successful status in integration engine.

After reaching the processing limitation, 5 maximum for instance, the following messages were set to 'To be delivered' status. The processing is extremely slow. For several hours the message would be processed and report system error or successful.

I have checked many articles on the forum but I hardly find any similar situation. Looking forward your replies and thanks in advance.

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe you're using EOIO quality of service

if so then the first error blocks all later messages

and you need to unblock the first one so the rest will be processed

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Michal.

what you have told me seems to be reasonable. I use exactly once quality of service of an asynchronous message. If so would you please show me how to unblock the first error. As I have no idea which one is the first error and perhaps it is on the delivering status in which can not be changed manually.

Moreover I found that if more messages of EOIO QoS blocked in the queue the BE Qos messages could not be processed either.

Thanks for your help.

Alex

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For EOIO , take a look at this blog by Stefan,

<a href="/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/04/27/how-to-deal-with-stuck-eoio-messages-in-the-xi-30-adapter-framework">How to deal with stuck EOIO messages in the XI 3.0 Adapter Framework</a>

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

uH~~, Bhavesh.

I have read that blog however that didn't solve my problem. I only use Exactly Once QoS, not EOIO. And the messages stuck in the AE queue with the status Delivering which can not be resend or cancel. The delievring status is a temparory one described in the SAP notes and it should not appear in the RWB monitor usually.

Do you have any other ideas?

Still many thanks.

alex.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alex,

Like I told , normally the adapter engine retires 3 times at an interval of 5 minutes . So this problem should have been sorted out within 15 minutes with an error SYSTEM ERROR.

Refer into naveen's blog I had listed earlier and it discusses the Adapter Engine Errors,

Check the IS_RETRY set in your server as shown in this blog,

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

I have followed naveen's blog and limited the retries times to 0. According to this method, the message was reported system error after the first try failed and the error message will not stuck the adapter engine queue anymore. Seem to solve the deal.

BTW, the delivering status, describing the transfering state from adapter engine queue to the end application, is just a temprary state. Usually we can not watch these kind of messages in the monitor. Why in my situation the delivering status is keeping for such long time. Something abnormal must happen.

Thanks for your nice help.

Alex

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

><i>BTW, the delivering status, describing the transfering state from adapter engine queue to the end application, is just a temprary state. Usually we can not watch these kind of messages in the monitor.</i>

very true Alex! . Maybe the load on the server is too high.

You can look into this fine tuning guide and tune your server for optimum results,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70ada5ef-0201-0010-1f8b-c935e444...

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

I am sure my XI system didn't have high load. This situation happens when there is a message failed in the adapter engine and it runs the retry operation. It will keept in delivering status.

However, the problem was solved luckly without figuring out the reasons.

Thank you.

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

We are facing exactly the same problem. can you please let us know the steps you had carried out which solved your problem. We re-started the java engine but the problem is still persisting. Four messages are stuck with 'delivering' status.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rehan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Solution yet?

Raj A

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever there is an error , XI tries to restart / resend the message 3 times at an interval if 5 minutes. Maybe you can turn this off.

More info on this blog,

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Regards

Bhavesh