Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form Item disabled based on portal role

richard_hirsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the property of a form item (enabled/disabled) based on the presence/absence of a particular portal role?

Thanks.

Dick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

I think there is no way to get the portal roles in VC, that's why you can't use any formula to do this.

Best Regards,

Marcel

richard_hirsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

What about this scenario..

1) A web-service that returns the user's roles is called and the user is stored in a data store.

2) The form uses the data store to get information that needs for its formula.

Would this work?

Thanks.

Dick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

I never tried it, but I think with your webservice this must be possible.Then you have to create your condition in the visibility condition of the form. Let me know if it works fine.

Best Regards,

Marcel

former_member193545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Another possible solution to this is to use the user data connector, this connector has many details of the user logged into the portal, there is one entry called department, you can try and use this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jarrod,

I thought the user data connector can not return the portal role. I tried it out now, but there is no field, which shows the portal role. Can you give us more details about your solution.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Marcel

former_member193545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sorry for not explaining myself better, I meant to use the department field as a workaround for the fact that you cant get the role from within VC.

Jarrod Williams

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jarrod,

ok now it's clear. Maybe Richard can post a link for his webservice, so that we can also use it and test it.

Best Regards,

Marcel

richard_hirsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'll do a blog as soon as I can and then I will post the link.

OK?

Dick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

this is a good idea. I'm curious about your blog. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Marcel

richard_hirsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have written my blog entry <a href="/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/17/visual-composer-explorations-using-portal-roles-to-influence-ui-element-behavior Composer Explorations: Using Portal Roles to influence UI Element Behavior</a>.

Dick