cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unix startup/shutdown of Livecache

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to know how one can startup/shutdown Live cache from the operating system without have to run a RFC to a function module. Is it possible to simply run dbmcli and issue db_offline/db_online? Please assist.

Thanks,

Frank Magliozzi

Frank.Magliozzi@natfoods.com.au

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frank,

if you want to set up HA for liveCache, SAP note 952783 provides all the info, such as the various options available for HA.

This note points to further notes, which has info on shutdown/restart of liveCache in a HA environment, for e.g.:

Note 319835 : Availability of liveCache on Microsoft Cluster.

For all supported UNIX platforms, the operating system partners offer cluster agents for liveCache. Also, hot standby for liveCache has been implemented for:

- IBM (SVC, ESS, DS8000)

- EMC (Symmetrix)

Contact your hardware partner if you are interested in these options.

For Linux, the product LifeKeeper by Steeleye (<http://www.steeleye.com>), among others, supports liveCache.

Thanks,

Ashwath

Former Member
0 Kudos

We(Symantec) implemented liveCache in HA environment with Veritas Cluster Server. We have configured it as active/passive and working on Hot Standby!

Let me know if you want details on implementation!

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

your question is a common one.

Remember that liveCache is not a stand-alone database. It is always a part of the APO/SCM system, hence the liveCache should be in sync with the APO/SCM database. When liveCache is started with LC10 or the function modules, some other programs also run before or after the liveCache start. These programs tell the APO system that liveCache has been stopped or started, register the LCA routines, etc.

Technically, it is possible to stop/start liveCache by db_offline/db_online, but since liveCache cannot be used by itself, these commands won't be useful.

Hope this helps,

Ashwath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashwath,

But I need to do this in the event that a failover of LiveCache occurs in my HA environment. The LiveCache instance needs to be shutdown and restarted independent of SAP/LC10. How does one do this and cleanup afterwards in SAP?

Cheers,

Frank Magliozzi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frank,

I need to have more info on your HA setup to answer this. How is liveCache configured for HA?

Why does the liveCache instance need to be shutdown and restarted independent of SAP/LC10? Without an SAP system, liveCache is of no use anyway.

Thanks,

Ashwath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well this is what I looking into, that is, how to configure an LC instance running on a separate box that may failover if the box it's running on dies to another host and thus needs to be shutdown cleanely if it's network link dies and then recovered/restarted on an adoptive node.

Thanks,

Frank Magliozzi.