cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Integrate with COM Objects ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to integrate one Payment System with our SAP R/3 System. But the owner of the Payment system is only providing the COM objects to access the methods.

COM ( Component Object Models ) are the only way they are providing to access their methods.

I am not much of Java guy, Can you pls. suggest is their any way to integrate with COM objects using SAP XI.

What would be the scenario like what Adapters I need to use, do I need to use any programming language.

Kindly Suggest.

Regards

- Lalit Chaudhary -

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The more fast solution is to use Proxy, just if you need a more solid architcture and an additional persistance layer you can investigate on Partner Connenctivity Kit or external adapte engine,.

For JAVA-COM look to

http://java.sun.com/products/accessbridge/

and here

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jcom/

I did some experiments were I was able to write in MS Excel cells from java, cool.

Regards,

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have been through the Document " How to Work with JAVA Proxy " & couple of other weblogs about Java Proxy.

/people/rashmi.ramalingam2/blog/2005/06/25/an-illustration-of-java-server-proxy ( Illustration of Java Server Proxy )

I have following doubts :

*) Do we need to install SAP Developer Studio on XI Server.

If NO, then which FINAL file/code we need to import/deploy to XI Server and where.

*) As the process will be initiated by SAP which will go through JAVA program & call COM Objects & result will go back to SAP. In this do I need to design Server Java Proxy or Client Java Proxy ?

I mean how do we differentiate between Server & client JAVA proxies.

*) Can you give me the link with which I will be able to understand how to manage & work with " SAP Developer Studio ". Snapshots links would be more helpful to me.

<b>Sandro</b> :: Thanks for the JAVA-COM bridge but right now I don't know how can I exactly use it.

Do you have any program in which you are using this bridge & calling the COM objects using JAVA.

Pls. email them to me on lalitch2@yahoo.com

Thanks

- Lalit Chaudhary -

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lalit,

><i>*) Do we need to install SAP Developer Studio on XI Server.</i>

NWDS is a JAVA IDE and you do not need to install it on your XI server. It provides a lot of inbuilt features which make development of XI Compoenents easier. Install it on your local desktop and then start workking!

You can use NWDS itself to Deploy the EAR ( Enterprise Archive File) you create or you can create the EAR file and then deploy it using the SDM.

><i>I mean how do we differentiate between Server & client JAVA proxies.</i>

Just like Client ABAP and Server Proxies. When Java proxies intiate the call they are client proxies and when java proxies receive some data to process from XI, they become server proxies.

In your case, as your scenario is SAP r3 -- XI -- COM , you will need a server proxy. Xi will route the call to the JAVA Proxy and then inside this you will make the call to the COM object and then send the response back to XI.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

As Bhavesh said if you need to communicate on the receiver side then you need server Java proxy.

In server java proxy only you will find an implementation class where you can connect to the COM objects and get the work done.

You have already gone thro the blogs i think, have nice time developing the scenario.

Regards,

P.Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh.

I started developing some test scenarios first on NWDS. But in DS under

<b>Windows --- preference --- SAP J2EE Engine</b>

Should I give the <i>Message Server Host</i> & <i>Message Server Port</i> of our XI Server.

Do I need to do any configuration in SDM so that it will deploy the EAR files at particular location of XI Server.

<b>Venkat ::</b> I wish this will prove to be nice time

- Lalit -

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

><i>Should I give the Message Server Host & Message Server Port of our XI Server.</i>

yes. The Host and Port will be the hostname and port of your SDM of your Xi server. Hostname is normally the same as your XI server name, SDM port, you can find out from your BASIS admin.

><i>Do I need to do any configuration in SDM so that it will deploy the EAR files at particular location of XI Server.</i>

Nothing special needs to be done. The files willget automatically deployed appropriately!

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I started using the NWDS & able to create, deploy & execute the " Calculator J2EE example " . I used the message server & port of our XI Server.

Now I would like to do some example with XI Java Proxy, so that I can gain more confidence & can have a feeling of integrating Java Programs with XI.

I again referred <a href="/people/rashmi.ramalingam2/blog/2005/06/25/an-illustration-of-java-server-proxy Illustration of Java Server Proxy</a> weblog. But it doesn't seems to be the one for baisc starters in DS & Java.

Can you pls. guide me in creating an integration scenario in which I will provide 2 numbers from the sender system ( I am planning to use File for this ) & get the result back from calling the program via Java Proxy.

<b>Sender System ---> Sender Adapter ---> XI ---> Java Proxy ---> Java Program</b>

I am comfortable till the Design & configuration in XI, but pls. tell me about initaiting the Java Proxy generation & how to deploy the zip files in DS & the steps ahead of that. Also do I need to make any special changes in ID for this.

Regards

- Lalit -

P.S :: I<i> know addition of 2 numbers can be done in more easier ways but my objective is to learn Java Proxy & Developer Studio with XI.</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

Go thro this hoe to guide, i think they have given it in a easier way in this.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d06315a6-e66e-2910-039c-ba8bbbd2...

The main part of server java proxy is to write the implementation class.

Go thro this thread there is lot of info and links on java proxies.

Regards,

P.Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Now I am comfortable with NW Developer Studio & created a scenario in which I used Java Server proxy.

But now I have to call COM objects using this proxy. When I discuss this with Developers they suggest me different options like

*) Using SAP .NET connector :: But in this case I guess I should have Web Service above the COM objects & if I will be having that then I can directly use SOAP adapter rather then JAVA Proxy.

*) USing SAP XI JAVA Proxy :: They said this makes more sense, if there is a need for COM components to be used by few Java/J2EE application.

Can you suggest if JAVA Proxy is the most efficient way to access the COM Objects & do we need to right the code in IMPL class only to access the COM obejcts & getting the response back from them.

Regards

- Lalit -

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lalit,

><i>Can you suggest if JAVA Proxy is the most efficient way to access the COM Objects & do we need to right the code in IMPL class only to access the COM obejcts & getting the response back from them.</i>

I would say yes, Use Java Proxies and connect to the COM objects.

And yes, you would need to write the code to Connect to the COM objects , invoke the methods and get the response back.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh

What do you say about .NET connector. From docs I guess we need this connector in case organization is not having SAP XI & not interacting with applications running on different platforms.

Only when it is interacting with .NET applications.

Only thing I require is the code which can access COM objects. Can you suggest any other forum in which I can raise this query.

Thanks

- Lalit -

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lalit,

.Net Connector, I dont have much inputs. Will try to find out if i can get something on this. But, with XI, using Java Proxies would be better for sure.

Code to call COM objects, maybe you can try the java programming forum on SDN, where maybe they can also direct you to better resources!

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you need to go for Java proxies. In that you need to use native method calls to connect COM with XI.

Go thro this link for info on Native method calls in Java.

http://www.science.uva.nl/ict/ossdocs/java/tutorial/native1.1/implementing/index.html

You can go thro this HowTo guide for java proxies.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7d4db211-0d01-0010-1e8e-9b0...

Regards,

P.Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkat.

I am going thru these docs. Will update after reading them.

- Lalit -