cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creating Adaptive WS model(SP17) using local WSDL file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create a model with the wizard for adaptive Web Services, without using logical destinations. I have download the file from PI Server. This WSDL file is not registered in UDDI. But when I try to upload my WSDL from local disc I get an error message, which defines in the .log file like this:

Plugin name: Web Dynpro Model Editor

Plugin ID : com.sap.ide.webdynpro.modeleditor

Class : om.sap.ide.webdynpro.modeleditor.wizards.model.creation.PageRenameW

Method : loadNameSpacesAndModelClasses

Exception : java.lang.NullPointerException: null

Earlier when i was using "WebService model", i was able to create the model successfully.

Do help me how to reslove this problem.

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Looks like problem with the plugins.

Creating the destinations is not mandatory.It should work in your case.

Try installing the IDE once .

Note : If the WSDL is rpc/encoded-style then it will not be supported by Adaptive webService model.

Regards, ANilkumar

Message was edited by:

Anilkumar Vippagunta

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check PATH-variable. It should point to

%JAVA_HOME%/bin

and not to

%JAVA_HOME%/jre/bin.

Reason: Wizard creates some Java-classes and tries to compile them. So it needs "javac.exe", which is located ONLY in

%JAVA_HOME%/bin

You can check if this is your problem in the log-file. Here you will find an IOException occurring when wizard tries to call javac. In its stacktrace you will find the method java.lang.Win32Process.create()

Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

AWM is for EP 6 SP 18 onwards.

Regards,

Uma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I have implemented a similar scenario. I have imported the WSDL from PI when importing in webdynpro using Webservices Model and it worked fine.

Thanks and Regards,

Amar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did u use "webservice model" or "adaptive webservice model".

Earlier i used with "wenservice model" and it was working fine. Now that with SP17, "WebService model"is depricated and we are forced to use "adaptive webservice model" and it is giving the problem. the detailed error is :

Exception : java.lang.NullPointerException: null

<i>!STACK 0

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.dynamic.impl.DOperationImpl.initParameters_DocumentStyle(DOperationImpl.java:59)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.dynamic.impl.DOperationImpl.initParameters(DOperationImpl.java:46)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.dynamic.impl.DOperationImpl.<init>(DOperationImpl.java:40)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.dynamic.impl.DInterfaceImpl.initOperationNameToOperationMapping(DInterfaceImpl.java:150)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.dynamic.impl.DInterfaceImpl.<init>(DInterfaceImpl.java:55)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.dynamic.impl.DGenericServiceImpl.initPortNameToInterfaceMapping(DGenericServiceImpl.java:78)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.dynamic.impl.DGenericServiceImpl.<init>(DGenericServiceImpl.java:50)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.dynamic.GenericServiceFactory.createService(GenericServiceFactory.java:71)</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

The wSDL should have both REQ & RESP params...

If it dosen't have req & resp params, it cannot be used in adaptive webservice model..