cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Manager Crash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We are importing data from CSV files (odbc) and the import manager keeps crashing with the error.

"the system cannot find the file specified. Windows Sockets Error Code 2.

How can we fix/avoid this.

We are running MDM 5.5 SP4 patch 02. All help is appreciated.

Regards

Con

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having similar issues, but it is stopping the MDM Server.

When users try to import with import manager, the MDM Server stops. Sometime it crashes just when they use the data manager to look at things.

They get the same "The system cannot find the file specified - Windows Sockets Error Code 2".

Did you ever find a solution?

Thanks,

Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there

We got a work around for this issue. The problem was with the Syncing of the repository Family Tree during the Import process. This we were informed was causing a crash of the import manager

The work around we got was:

1) Upgrade to SAP MDM Patch 03

2) Set the config. options in the import manager "Synchronize Family Hierarchy after import" = No

3) Also we deleted the Families Table from the console.

This solved the issue for us.

Has anybody else seem had issues like this?

Regards

Con

Former Member
0 Kudos

My take on this is : when you have a large import happening thru import manager - it sucks up a lot of memory and at the same time if you open data manager - and if it sucks up more memory than the threshold memory - there might be a disconnect between the clients [import manager & data manger ] to the MDM server. This is when the import manager or data manager "crash".

Techinically its not a crash - its more of a disconnect. When this happens you will get Windows Sockets Errors .

Solution : - increase memory on the system, or use import server instead to load, or open data manager after the import manager is closed.

[ threshold memory is no fixed value which can be defined - it will depend on server hardware and the amount of memory used by the import manager and data manager]

-Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a similar issue. The error comes when i try to create or remove a record from the MDM Data Manager. The error pop's up saying " Windows Socket Error Code : 2. The application will now exit " Once this error comes , the MDM DM closes and the server crashes.

Is there anyway this could be solved ?

Thanks!

Ramakanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

how many registers are you trying to import at one given time? Is it possible to use XML instead?

Regards

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ya

We have tested for large and same number of records and it still fails.

This problem occurs in our QA Environment but not Dev. So are reviewing our config. but so far we have not been able to pin point to problem.

If we are using the same client but want to access different enviroments what config. do we need to consider?

Regards

Con

Former Member
0 Kudos

All the clients version should match the MDM Server version.

Check if Dev and QA are in the same patch level. If not, upgrade the QA to patch 2.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

This usually happens to me when the MDM Clients change IP, why not convert the csv files into an Access file?

Regards

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alejandro,

We use a fixed IP address here. Is there some configuration for the client that we need address?

Also when we try using MS Access we get the same problem?

Any other suggestion?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you noticed any files appearing in the "Exceptions" folder in the port directory?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, what OS are you using? I am running on HP-UX and I have noticed some crashes when trying to use the ABAP API. Could this be a possibility?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No files in the exceptions folder as we are not importing via port. we are trying to do an interactive load via windows.

We are running AIX