cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET to SAP via XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to XI Project but i have some little knowledge in XI. My Requirement is, i need to get the data from .NET to SAP via XI. .NET will provide the data via Webservice.

Could you suggest how to go about it?

Initially i have the following questions:

1. Do we need to configure SAP & .NET system in SLD?

2. What adapter i need to use to communicate from SAP & XI?

3. What adapter i need to use to communicate from XI to .NET(Webservice)?

4. How to trigget the process from .NET because when ever the .NET gets the data, it needs to be posted into SAP via XI?

5. Could you pls mention some kind of steps?

Waiting for the reply..

Thanks in Advance..

BM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Yes, all the systems communicating with each other should be registered in the SLD. You can register the SAP system as a "technical system", and then define it as a business system. And define the .NET system as a third party product, and then if you would like, define that as a business system as well.

2. SAP and XI can communicate through several adapters, but the IDoc adapter seems to be the most common one. You define the ALE for the IDoc adapter in the SAP system with transactions IDX1 and IDX2. You can also use the RFC adapter.

3. There are many ways to get the .NET system to communicate with XI. Web services are rather easy to communicate with. Among some of the built in adapters for XI are SOAP and HTTP.

4. This depends on the configuration of your .NET system. It seems like it should be a rather simple process to write a process in .NET that posts the data to XI whenever it receives it.

As for the steps involved, check out this document for configuring the IDoc adapter:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d19fe210-0d01-0010-4094-a6f...

This blog may help you get a better idea as to how to configure XI:

/people/community.user/blog/2006/12/12/http-to-rfc--a-starter-kit

or this one:

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/11/20/webservice-calls-from-a-user-defined-function

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathi,

1. If .NET is exposed as webservice no need to create it as a system, but for SAP R/3 target you need to create a system in SLD.

2. To connect to SAP usually IDOC or RFC adapters are used.

3. To use a Webservice one need to use SOAP adapter.

4. If your .NET application acts as a Webservice client and initiates the request then that application is enough to trigger the scenario.

5. For step by step procedure go thro the following links:

For IDOC receiver part go thro this thread:

For SOAP sender part:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2131 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

And you can get many more links if you just search in sdn.

Regards,

P.Venkat

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your business scenario ? In SAP side, what do u want to do ? You can communicate to SAP via Idocs or RFC/BAPIs or ABAP proxy. Based on the requirements you can configure/develop the scenario.

Now to communicate to .Net ,you can access this application via Webservice. So you can use SOAP sender adapter to get the data into XI and any of the adapters like Idoc adapter, Or RFC adapter in the Receiver Side to communicate with SAP.

You can refer this blog-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2131 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for th reply. So far i know that .NET wants to post the GL account to SAP & SAP should confirm the results to .NET. So please which adapter would be the correct one to use?

Which adapter would the appropriate one out of RFC/SOAP/IDoc/Proxy?

BM

Message was edited by:

Bharathi M

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>

.NET wants to post the GL account to SAP & SAP should confirm the results to .NET.So please which adapter would be the correct one to use?</i>

>>the adapter it depends on the Receiver side. for .eg. To post the GL account in the SAP , you can either use Idoc or RFCs . As your requirement to get the response back to .Net right ? What type of Response you want ? Now you need to decide do you want to go for Idoc or RFCs.. As if you want to get the response with GL no etc, then I feel it is prefer to go with RFCs to post the GL account. Because Idoc is supporting only ALEAUDIT acknowledgement..

Now your functional/buisness should decide do you want to go for Idoc or RFC . If you are using RFC , then you need to use RFC adapter to post the GL account . If you are willing to use Idoc , then Idoc adapter you need to use.Note that, if you are using Idoc, your response will be limited.. SO while doing design keep this in mind..

In this type of business proces, it is prefer to use standard Idoc/RFCs.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

So far just we need to confirm whether posting is done or not at SAP side.

So you are suggesting use RFC Adapter if we need to send the acknowledgement to .NET.

Shall i used SOAP Adapter to communicate with .NET?

Raja T

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just my 2 cents: SAP claims interoperability with WebShpere and .NET platforms and I guess the only reasonable way is thru web service, so yes, the answer is SOAP adapter I guess...

Unless you are a brave guy and you code your own <b>.NET adapter</b>, based on SAP .NET Connector. That could be interesting!

Alex

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>So you are suggesting use RFC Adapter if we need to send the acknowledgement to .NET.</i>

>>>If you are using RFC is to post the GL account in the SAP, then you need to use RFC adapter. So it should be noted that, if you are using RFC , then <b>only</b> you can use RFC adapter. So first confirm, what do you want to use in the SAP side ? RFC or Idoc,.. Then you can design the XI interface, how to modell the functional requirement..

If you are using IDoc then Idoc adapter. Now you can understand that, choosing of Adapter is based on the available functions,and requirement.

following blog help u to understand the adapters, when to use etc--

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/08/14/choose-the-right-adapter-to-integrate-with-sap-systems

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Morthy,

I got an idea about SAP side & will get back to you once i confirmed with what is exact functionality. But to communicate with .NET can i use SOAP adapter? or do we need to develop the one?

BM

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the SOAP adapter provided, the .Net application is able to provide the Webservice or can act as a SOAP client. Generally it works in this way with SOAP adapter. so you can think of SOAP adapter for the communication. No need of .Net Connector

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy,

Thanks for you reply.

<i>You can use the SOAP adapter provided, the .Net application is able to provide the Webservice or can act as a SOAP client. Generally it works in this way with SOAP adapter.</i>

-->In mY case .NET will provide the webservice. My still i am not clear how its going to provoke the XI system when it getting the GL data. COuld you please explain me in detail?

-->What is SOAP client? Please explain me..

<i>No need of .Net Connector</i>

--> In which condition i need to create the .NET adapter? I am sure that .NET is providing the Webservice.

BM

Message was edited by:

Bharathi M

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>-->In mY case .NET will provide the webservice. My still i am not clear how its going to provoke the XI system when it getting the GL data. COuld you please explain me in detail?</i>

>>If so , you can make use of SOAP sender adapter to get the message into XI.

your .Net service will act as a SOAP client.. I think, once you configure SOAP sender adapter then you can get to know this. Once you get the data to XI, then you need to map with Idoc/RFC and the process follows like this

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d23cbe11-0d01-0010-5287-873a2202...

<i>-->What is SOAP client? Please explain me..</i>

>>>To test the Webservice, i.e if you have SOAP-->XI scenario, to test the service, you can use SOAP client provided , you don;t have any webservice etc in place.

<i>--> In which condition i need to create the .NET adapter? I am sure that .NET is providing the Webservice.</i>

>>>Now it is possible. Earlier , there to connect to SAP from any .Net Application, .Net connector was being used.

Rgds,

Moorthy

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all your replies. Get back to you if i've any more questions. For time being will close the thread.

BM