Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How during deployment my user id has been checked by J2EE engine

senthil_kumar29
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I want to transport my application, Do I need a valid user ID created in J2EE engine UME. If it is, How during deployment my user id has been checked by J2EE engine.

Thanx for your time.

Cheers,

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

to deploy your application to the J2EE engine you normaly use SDM (Software Deployment Manager). You need a password (no user Id) to deploy via SDM. This password was set up during installation of the Web AS. You can reset this password via SDM command line tool. Have a look at the SDM documentation for details.

SDM uses the deploy service of the J2EE engine to deploy the application. Therefore SDM connects to the J2EE engine via a username and password that are stored in the secure store (Configtool -> Secure Store). This user is normally identical with the administration user. If you change the password of the administrator you also have to change the password in the secure store. Oterwise you cannot deploy via SDM.

Regards Helmut

senthil_kumar29
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

What is the basic purpose creating User ID in J2EE UME.

I know one purpose is for Portal user maintanace...

But apart from that, Do we actually need a user id to develop and deploy application using NWDS.

Cheers,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the sake of managing software components we need to SDM user name and password.

Go thru this link you can find some thing

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/35/1cd66947184aa8915ca1831c59b6c1/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Lohi.

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

if you write applications that need authentication and do have different authorizations you have to have users in UME.

You configure your application to use authentication and inside your application you can use Java permissions to restrict the access to several functions (views, WD components, ...).

You do not need a user id to develop and deploy an application. You just need the SDM password.

Regards Helmut