cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP - Master Data & Transaction Data mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi APO Gurus,

I need to create a document for mapping APO DP master & transaction data to the fields of a logical modelling DB.

I would appreciate if any of you have any information as to how to go about it or if you have any similar doc, please email me at ritu.prao@gmail.com.

All your help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Ritu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ritu,

What exactly is your requirement. Unfortunately I am a functional consultant and not the best person to give technical details. However please note that APO especially DP does not store data in only DB tables (like R/3), instead uses liveCache which is based an OODB. The transactions access data in liveCache through standard COM routines. The SAP suggested way to access data to and from liveCache is through use of BAPIs.

The other point to note is that APO-DP is totally customisable as per client requirement. That is to say while there is some standard business content provided (by way of some characteristics, keyfigures and couple of planning areas) most clients created their own content - starting from characteristics, keyfigures, planning object structure, planning area, planning book/data view etc. As a result it is difficult to give standard field names for mapping.

DP Master Data is actually Characteristic-Value-Combinations (CVCs) that are based on the custom characteristics defined in the Master Planning Object Structure. Transaction data is timeseries data in keyfigures which is defined in the Planning Area. Since all these objects are customisable - standard field level mapping may not be possible.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

Thanks a lot for the explanation.. I kinda knew that was the case ( ie.,no std fields ) except a few like Product, location etc. But your explanation cleared things. The client basically has a software whose fields need to be mapped to the APO data fields.. I will get to know more details in 2 days.. Shall keep you posted..

Thanks,

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

This has been the very old post. I am in the similar situation as yours. I need to map the master data that is in a data repository (Oracle Database) to the data field in APO for DP Master Data. Can you throw some light what you did few years back?

Thanks,

Uthira.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uthira,

Could you please elborate your requirements a bit like what are you planning to achieve with the above said integration, whether data extraction is expected out of Oracle into APO or out of APO into Oracle etc.

Just for your indication, we can integrate/ map both the systems using APO BAPI table strcture mapped to Oracle table structures...you can use XI/ PI messages (either IDoc or Proxies) functionality to transfer data between the two systems.