cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workspace Comparison - integration differences?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a recent build issue, so I was comparing the workspaces in dev and cons to see if there were any file-based differences. At the component level, there are no differences. After forcing a compartment rebuild, the issue resolved itself....

However, when I did a comparison at the integration level, I did find differences. For example,

dev/inactive vs. dev/active - 3 differences

cons/inactive vs cons/active - 5 differences

Near as I can tell, the code deployed to the consolidation server appears to be correct, but how can I be sure?

What do these integration differences imply? How do I resolve them?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the files are identical there's probably no need to resolve those differences. I'd check what those activities actually contained, the activity details should contain a list of resources. Maybe it's just empty folders, but I'm a bit surprised that you got differences in cons workspaces. Did you or your colleagues edit sources directly in cons?

If you really want to clean up you can use the dtr command shell or the Closed Activities view in the NWDS (with DTR admin plugin enabled) to integrate activities manually from one workspace to another. BUT: I'm not sure how CMS picks up stuff like that, so you might see other strange inconsistencies after transports. I wouldn't really do it.

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

I would not integrate activities manually via DTR admin plugin. The differences between active and inactive workspace of the cons system probably are caused by build errors.

Even if all DCs in CBS Web UI are marked with a green traffic light there might have been build problems. When you import change requests to the cons system the sources are "copied" to the inactive cons workspace then CBS tries to build the DCs. If the build was o.k. the sources are "copied" to the active workspace. Otherwise they stay in the inactive workspace.

To make sure if there was a build problem you should have a look at build requests in CBS Web UI. If there were problems have a look at the build logs, solve the problem in dev system and transport your changes to cons system.

Another reason for the differences in cons system was already mentioned by Marc. Did someone change the source in cons workspace by importing the Dev.Conf. of cons and making changes?

Regards Helmut