cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlightList example Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i haved successfully deployed the FlightList example. I am running the preview Version of the WebAS 6.4 J2EE Engine and the MiniSAP WebAS 6.2 ABAP Stack on a different computer. When i try to execute the example I get the following error:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDTypeNotFoundException: type com.sap.demo.flightlist.model.types.Bapimaxrow could not be loaded: com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException:

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.datatypes.core.DataTypeBroker.getSimpleType(DataTypeBroker.java:242)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.datatypes.core.DataTypeBroker.getDataType(DataTypeBroker.java:205)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.AttributeInfo.init(AttributeInfo.java:471)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.NodeInfo.initAttributes(NodeInfo.java:771)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.NodeInfo.init(NodeInfo.java:756)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.NodeInfo.init(NodeInfo.java:761)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.Context.init(Context.java:40)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Controller.init(Controller.java:199)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientComponent.init(ClientComponent.java:346)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientApplication.init(ClientApplication.java:352)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.task.WebDynproMainTask.execute(WebDynproMainTask.java:593)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.AbstractClient.executeTasks(AbstractClient.java:59)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientManager.doProcessing(ClientManager.java:249)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doWebDynproProcessing(DispatcherServlet.java:154)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doContent(DispatcherServlet.java:116)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doGet(DispatcherServlet.java:48)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:385)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:263)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:340)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:318)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:821)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:239)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:92)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:147)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:37)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.UnorderedChannel$MessageRunner.run(UnorderedChannel.java:71)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:94)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:162)

Caused by: com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException:

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.datatypes.core.DataTypeBroker$1.fillSldConnection(DataTypeBroker.java:89)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.ProviderFactory.internalResolveLogicalNameToJCODestination(ProviderFactory.java:408)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.ProviderFactory.resolveLogicalNameToJCODestination(ProviderFactory.java:354)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.ProviderFactory.internalGetProvider(ProviderFactory.java:215)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.ProviderFactory.getProvider(ProviderFactory.java:180)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdDictionaryPool.getProvider(DdDictionaryPool.java:78)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdDictionaryPool.getDictionary(DdDictionaryPool.java:64)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdDictionaryPool.getDictionary(DdDictionaryPool.java:39)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdBroker.getDataType(DdBroker.java:149)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdBroker.getSimpleType(DdBroker.java:170)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.datatypes.core.DataTypeBroker.getSimpleType(DataTypeBroker.java:234)

... 31 more

Any ideas where the problem might be?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did JCO Metadata Dest for the R3Enterprise. I think it is common for all the SAP systems.

What you should do is, just go to Content Admin->WebDynpo's and Open your Application.

Create Metadata JCO Destination for getting the metadata information for the BAPI or RFM.

Steps to follow.

1) General Data: Provide your Meta Data Dest name and client number.

2) Just Press Next

3) Select Dictonary Meta Data and Press Next

4) Select your Message Server and Select your Logon Group PUBLIC and press next

( Note: you must have valid configuration for your messaging server and Logon Group ( some times it SPACE ) in WAS SLD )

5) Enter your uid and password and next and Finish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have made some progress in creating the JCo destinations but it still does not work. Now it can't find the PUBLIC logon group. I have searched the forums but couldn't get any helpful hints.

The SAP GUI tells me that the message server could not find any logon groups.

In Transaction SMLG i get the following error when testing the PUBLIC logon group:

Internal error(SIMULATION:INACTIVE_SERVER)

Any ideas on that one?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The logon group needs to exist in R/3. Is PUBLIC exists as logon group in R/3. Check your R/3 system for existing logon groups. If you have restriction for creating PUBLIC logon group, you can use the existing one. Please remember you need to change the settings in SLD where you have mentioned PUBLIC as logon group with the actual logon group.

Regards,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Him

I have created a PUBLIC logon group. The mentioned error arises when I click on Test button in the properties of the just created logon group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you maintained the following port entry in services file

sapms<server id> 3600/tcp # SAP System Message Port

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, i did. It is on both systems, the one with the ABAP stack and the J2EE only system (cause otherwise it would not find the message server)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just looked at the previous posts at

It looks like this kind of problem is common with miniSAP users.

There are some tips like setting up sld using RZ70 which you may want to try

The following point might be helpful

Thanks for your follow-up. ST22 and SM21 did'nt point to anything. What is realy interesting is when I go into SMLG, create a group, use RZ70 to push the changes out, then go into .../Webdynpro/welcome...and run the wizard to create the RFC_METADATA, the group I just created in SMLG is displayed in the Group dropdown.

Message was edited by: Raju Datla

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans

Have you checked if you have maintained the JCO destinations properly for your Web Dynpro App. This is available through the Web Dynpro Content Administrator

http://<server>:50000/webdynpro/welcome/

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

yes I did. They seem to work since the Ping and Test both work fine. Though I had to switch back from the Mini SAP WebAS 6.2 to Mini SAP 4.6D.

But still the same error occurs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans

This error usually occurs when the metadata for the model has not been derived or an old invalid metada exists for a particular model. You can force a re cache with a restart of the server process

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thnaks for the tip but unfortunately this did not solve the problem.

Might there be a problem with the version of the SAP back end? Should it work with the Mini SAP 4.6 verison?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

yes, it should. Did you reimport the model after the change from 6.2 to 4.6? The BAPI interfaces might be different between the versions.

Regards, Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i finally figured now that those BAPIs are not present in MiniSAP 4.6. I switched back to Mini WAS 6.2 and finally got JCo destinations to work. But the problem still arises.

Do I have to configure the JCo dests using the message server or can I just connect directly to the application server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

for the metadata retrieval it has to be a message server connection, for the data retrieval it's possible to use both connection types, appserver or message server connections. This topic was very often discussed in this forum already, so a forum search should give you a lot of hits.

Regards, Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for the tips...i think that is where the problem is, i didn't set up a message server connection for the metadata retrieval since this did not work.

Has anybody ever set up a message server connection to Mini SAP WebAS 6.2? I don't even get a ping although i already created a logon group PUBLIC and checked that the service entry is correct (port 3600). Any ideas on that one?

Thx!