cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSCOPY versus OLIX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm looking for the APO equivilent of R/3 transaction OLIX with user methodes. In r/3 you can create your own user-methode for sophisticated copy logic. A great advantage of using OLIX is the performance, and also the possibility of creating variants for different copy-actions.

How can you do this in APO-DP?

thanks in advance,

Jean Vroemen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use RSA1 transaction then copy the infocube

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

Architecturally APO and R/3 are different. Using OLIX you use different versions of Infostructures which can then be used for reporting purpose.

APO-DP uses liveCache-Timeseries which by design is quite fast and provides good response to end-users. For you to report against the data (keyfigures of a DP Planning Area) the options are

1) Backup the data to an infocube and then query from it

2) Realtime query from planning area using Remotecube.

The downside to first option is that data will not be realtime - although normally backup can be done every night so the query results are just one day old.

Donwside to second option is performance as data is extracted from planning area in real-time. However this has improved a lot over the versions of APO/SCM.

I am not sure what exactly is the business requirement for you and also what functionalities you are using in APO-DP. Accordingly there can be other solutions.

TSCOPY is used to copy data from one keyfigure to another keyfigure in APO-DP. This is very fast and can be done selectively.

Hope this helps,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Somnath,

Business requirements vary, let me give some examples:

1 conditional copy of content of 2 key-figures into 1 target (looks like macro problem, but in R/3 the olix solution has performance advantages)

2 copy from one planning area to another where some characteristics have to be determined from control tables. Example: we want to make a demand plan independent from delivering plant. Delivering plant is dependent from tactical/strategic decisions about product availability, replenishment policy, transport availability. During the copy a characteristic 'delivering' plant has to be filled. Delivering plant is among others also timedependend. And for simulation purpose one would like to choose the version of the 'delivering plant settings'. I'm not sure whether macro's can help me here. R/3 macro's definitely not.

3 copy of key-figure K1 for characteristic combination AB to key-figure K2 for characteristic combination YZ. This is a kind of exchange, also time dependend.

There are some badi/userexits. I'm asking myself wether these are the appropriate tools to solve these requirements.

Your remark about the remote cube is interesting. Where can I find some documentation about remote cubes for reading data from livecache directly.

thanks in advance

Jean

Former Member